Sunday, June 25, 2006

Lazing on a sunny afternoon

well I'm recovering from the Church BBQ and getting ready to tidy the conservatory and run two youth groups (only Phil the star has already done the hard work for this. Yippee!)

Thanks to those who did my challenge - it wasn't meant to be painful! I know people often have sad memories but I had hoped that earliest memories would be safer....

I went out with Miss Carys last night to watch Barking MAD (an amateur stage show group) doing Calamity Jane. It was pretty good. I spend a lot of time thinking "I could do that" because if my life had taken a different turn I'm sure I would be in one of these groups but can't fit it in! I have a real soft spot for the musical. I watched it first at University (yup sheltered childhood) with my good friend Shaggy. when Doris Day said "Pint of sasparilli barman" and banged her fist on the bar I laughed and laughed. If I'm at someones house for drinkies its what I say now. People look at me funny. Don't know why...

Incidentally Shaggy is not his real name. Its just he looked like Shaggy from Scooby Doo. He is now called Nick and is a Clown who does environmental shows in schools in the South East alongside his adorable wife Booj and their baby Bella. How cool is that!

Carys wore her new crocs... yes we are now a 3 croc family and I think Phil might get some too.
I took the opportunity to try out some crazy angle poses too. Me likey
Now from all the pics i take you would be forgiven for thinking I only had 1 child. Number 1 son doesn't mind posing but would rather play computer games. This one is 'soft focus' (eg slightly out of) but I like it as he is beginning to look older...
Emrys hates having his piccie taken. He approves of these two shots however

4 comments:

Rachel said...

wow Lythan I could look at your piccies all day - and dont you just love "playing" with angles and stuff. Glad the bar b q was a success and dont you just love Doris Day - Calam is my all time fav too - I do hope Charlotte gets into musicals as Im a big fan too. Glad you girlies had a nice day.

Jane said...

great photos as always Lythan.

Kathy said...

Those are such great photos Lythan.
You always manage to brighten my day, Thank you

Lisa said...

I love the photos too - especially that stripey sock! Made me laugh!