Thursday, August 03, 2006

You've got to fight

for the right

to PAAAAAAAAAAAARTY!!!

well i'm a bit excited about going to my friend Sam's 40th birthday party in Swansea tomorrow. It's not going to be quite the do I imagined as my other friends are taking their kids. But as long as there are drinks and a disco I'm happy!
I've got lots of work to do on the train there and back so it should be fun.

I've been quiet all week trying to finish up their pressies. Finally done but now its dark so the pics don't do them justice really. Gosh that sounds a bit full of myself! well I could point out the millions of mistakes - its a learning curve this craft stuff and each time I do something I know how to improve the next time. Anyway what I mean is the colours are much nicer than the photos show.
The art journal is A4 size and full of nice empty sheets of watercolour paper. I'm sure Sam will get oodles of fripperies so I thought I would give her something to express herself with. She is already into art and photography - ooh maybe she'd like scrapping.
found these wonderful quotes that you probably can't read
Here are a few faves
I found I could say things with colour and shapes that I
couldn't say any other way - things I had no words for.
Georgia O'Keeffe
An artist cannot fail;
it is a success to be one.
Charles Horton Cooley
I want to touch people with my art. I want them to say 'he feels deeply, he feels tenderly.'
Vincent van Gogh
I wasn't really careful enough with adhering the quotes - learning curve stuff. Hence the artfully applied prima flowers!
The papers are the beautiful basic grey urban couture. Haven't really worked out how to use them for card making but on a larger scale they are awesome!
Then I also made my first painted canvas. Slopped on some acrylic paint, a photo of my dear god-daughter, several million qk and ellison flowers, some chipboard and rub ons et voila
will catch you up Saturday.
Party on dudes
(can't stop Bill andTedding now)

2 comments:

Debbie @ The Shabby Bungalow said...

I know I said it on the Forum Lythan - but just thought I'd say again how fantastic all your bits are that you've been making lately. Have a great time at the party :-)

Anita said...

Gorgeous! I love the canvas!