Monday, January 08, 2007

Tell me why... I love Mondays

Well I'll tell you anyway! Day off! I do love my job, but I love to have creative time (and with the kids in school). I never get started as quickly as I'd like to and ended up having to take something back to church as well. But still a good day.
I went to Imagine That this morning to talk about leading an exploding box class and to show Emma other things I have done to give her an idea of other teaching i might do. What an ego boost! She was so enthusiastic about my stuff which was a relief (or she is polite and can hide her feelings well!). Of course I realised that most of what I do I give away - which is where scrapping is so good cos you get to keep it. Mwah hah hah. I do take photos of everything so I was able to show her some other things too, like clipboards. I've never done one ofr me! This exploding box will be for me and I have changed some of the measurements slightly which also makes it feel a bit more unique. I have a week to do the prototype. V. exciting.

This afternoon i fitted in some crafty time before taking the boys to Lakeside (it is a horrible shopping mall if you are not in the UK. One of the firstand I live near it) as Emrys had lost his whole PE kit and Hywel had outgrown his trainers. Fortunately Emrys has grown into Hywel's trainers and I found a new pair for £5 for H. (So glad he is not into posh trainers) still have another 30 odd quid to spend unecessarily on sports kit but there we are. I detest lakeside but it wasn't so bad. Strangely the boys didn't want to go to Artbase on any ladies clothes shops so we were home quickly.
But before that I did 2 8x8 pages for my holiday album as I haven't done any for oodles
This uses the December SA kit. (first time i have used it {blush})
The journaling reads "we all watched a programme about children starting school. It provided many a catchphrase for the holiday and this heart rending expression from Carys"
Whenever she doesn't get her way out comes the reception face - and then a giggle!
Other bits and bobs are sticky ribbon flowers, Heidi Swap flowers, MM and Docraft rubons.
I was obviously in a square mood today! This has square paper though! The paper is all Junkitz. Letters are from the QVC card and scrapbook kit I had last year. Buttons are SEI and Bazzill. Sequins from I know not where and actually tone with the rest in real life. Phil does not think they look alike at all - what do you think?

Family movie night now - would rather be scrapping - isn't that terrible!

5 comments:

Em said...

Lythan that is really fab news about your demos - well done you! Talk about doing wonders for a gal's confidence....

Am loving your scrapbooking - you are on a roll aren't you?

I think Emrys look more like you, but they can look different from photo to photo can't they iykwim.

Paula J Atkinson said...

I'm so glad you got the demo job for the boxes.You knew you wanted to. Pleased you went back.
I love the scrap pages, squares do it for me.

Sue said...

wow Lythan you HAve been busy

and as usual fab stuff xxx

Kathy said...

You are such a good blogger!
And such a good crafter too - I always feel so inadequate when I see how much you've managed to do, and how beautifully, while I've been struggling with one miserable card.

Do I need to change to SA kit 8x8?

Gillian said...

What gorgeous LO's Lythan, you're such a clever chicky....
Beautiful designs, PP's, embellishments & gorgeous Photo's.. what more could you want.. **WTG** with the Teaching gig.. :o)