Thursday, November 22, 2007

OK make that twice.

Looks like there will be a third family member sharing our room (though not I hasten to add, the bed). Lucky is beginning to recognise her name, "no" and "good girl" and to get the timetable of the day. She is also beginning to climb up the stairs on her own and jump on the sofa unasked. Not so good. We need to make sure we don't get too soft or we will end up on one of those dog borstal tv shows. We just need to keep reminding her of her place in the pecking order. Which is just above the chickens ironically. (Don't worry, they can look down on the goldfish. Actually they don't know the goldfish exist but if they did, they would. And the goldfish don't care)
But she is very cute and loving and makes a nice snuggle partner on the sofa (when asked)

Today is Salt challenge launch day and I have had no end of trouble making and showing this one. Ruth chose a great theme

The theme for this week is
LIGHT
It is mentioned so many times in the Bible, and has many facets of meaning and symbolism.
I am the LIGHT of the World... The people walking in darkness have
seen a great LIGHT ...The LIGHT shines in the darkness, but the
darkness has not understood it...In the same way, let your LIGHT shine
before men, that they may see your good deeds and praise your Father
in heaven.

Please create a piece of work using it as inspiration and
leave us a message so we can see and link to your work.

I had a picture in my head of what I wanted to do. It just took a bit more work to make it happen
The candle is made of various pieces of American Crafts Papers which I then embossed. Only I had forgotten that you need to use extra strong Pritt for this and they kept popping up. I kryloned round the edge before uteeing as well. The flame is gold card embossed once, as when it was done I liked the ripple effect. The letter stickers are Basic Grey. They were green or red before the attack of the krylon once more.
Here is a better look at the candle without the flash.
I had huge trouble finding a camera that would work, taking a photo that wasn't out of focus and loading the image onto the computer today. The actual layout is as vivid as the lettering in the first picture but more the shine on the candle of the second one!

My dad is coming to stay overnight tonight (we are the London b&b for the family) so I had better go and make the bed!

2 comments:

Hazel said...

You know, Lythan, that I think this is so lovely and such a testimony to faith. As for Lucky - I think she's certainly lucky to have found her way into such a loving family. Lol! at the goldfish in the order (just as well they are ignorant)

Rhi said...

I love this artwork Lythan, will you put it on a wall, it would be such a shame for it to be hidden in an album. I'm so glad Lucky is settling in and I love the pecking order, funny cause it's true!