Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Hi there me hearties

Thank you so much for all your lovely comments re my last card (blush) It has really bucked me up. I've had a pretty good weekend work and craft wise. At Church we launched a new way of caring for each other on Saturday that was well received on the whole. And the service went well Sunday (if i say so myself). I've done another class at Imagine That and have some of my own craftiness to show (more below).

Today I had to see my supervisor in Cambridge to discuss my 6000 word essay (due in May. Gulp). I went early and did some reading in two different coffee shops. The new John Lewis is not as big as I would like but a walk through the towels still made me feel good. And oooh the cushions. If I played the lottery AND i won, I would have someone in to wash my hair every other day(love the massages that come with the conditioner) and I would buy every cushion in the John Lewis soft furnishing department. The rest I would give to charity (maybe minus university fees times three) And... that's why I won't do the lottery - I don't think I could cope with winning, too many hard decisions and too much desire creeping in to keep it all for myself.

Anyway, despite living in Oxford for 3 years I have decided that I much prefer Cambridge. It is just a lovely place to be. If only it wasn't at the other end of the M11 which is a rubbish motorway.
If you are still awake, here is some of my crafting.
I love this layout! (so you don't have to)

Bazzill paperbag cardstock (Newsflash Bazzill are now stocking Kraft in Britain. I am v. happy as I love Kraft for both cards and layouts. As you will see...)
Paper is ummmm... I'll fill that in later.
The black paper is DCWV card stock gone through the cuttlebug and sanded.
Cream card stock was cut with Nestablilites dies (just so cool) and inked with old photo distress ink.
Karen Foster stickers; American Crafts Thickers and AC rubons.
Copper heart from Craft by Carolyns and a Bazzill brad.
That's actually a long list for a layout that is mostly white space!
I also thought I would try out this competition
Cor it was hard!
Not helped by me misunderstanding the rules to start with, hence the slightly un valentine choice of papers. And having to make the cards out of the card/papers was quite a challenge. And cutting a few out before noticing it was 4 and not 3 cards that were required. And choosing ribbon that was actually pretty non pliable....apart from that it was easy.
I'll just show you one card and envelope for now...

The cardstock is that Bazzill Paperbag again plus two American Crafts papers as they are double sided and sturdy.
You can see two of my embellishment choices on the card - white grosgrain ribbon and a bling swirl. The other is felt AC stickers.
Here is the envelope - punched hearts and extra bling.

I have no idea what to do with the cards as I usually only send one...
In the end it was fun though!
Why don't you have a go - just read the rules first!

2 comments:

Aimeslee Winans said...

Hi, Lythan, lovelove your creations! I usually lurk, but felt an urge to *speak* today, LOL. Have a good one, ~~Aimeslee~~

Unknown said...

Just beautiful. What a clever lady you are. If you have any spare going at the moment the Create a Card for Cancer is ongoing. Details at http://www.create-a-card-for-cancer-care.org/articles/?id=911 Lol x