Friday, January 04, 2008

New

Actually feel pretty old today. Carys had a sleepover and although the jinks were not too high I still feel like I could do with another 6 hours sleep.

Still there is work to be done and the reward of some crafty playtime if I can knuckle down today.
I need to get a sample or two done for craft club tomorrow. The group has been a kind of pile in where I take my stuff and everyone uses it. It wasn't meant to be like that but evolved in that way. I only take old papers or freebies but as my card stock is running low and it means there is not a lot that matches we are going to change how it is done. So I will be taking less stuff and being more directive. I have also bought A4 card in both white and pastel colours for people to make their cards with.
And tomorrow we will be playing with my Sugar Nellie and Magnolia stamps and also making tri fold cards.
So still some options - just less of them!

I have been getting huge inspiration from Kristina Werner at present. She does the nost fab little youtube videos every Monday. In fact at the moment she is doing more little films too. You can really see her influence in my Daring card this week.
the theme is...
'New'
So not only New Year, but maybe New Home, New Baby, New Job or maybe a card for someone who is starting a new chapter in their life.
those who notice this sort of thing may see similarities between the card and the layout I posted on Wednesday. Well I made them the same day with some of the same papers and I quite like the translation of card ideas to layouts and back again!
The papers are American Crafts Metropolitan. Really loving AC at the moment. Double sided heavy weight card is my thing baby! That blue is just so lush isn't it?
I love the little letter stickers that I think Making Memories do. I haven't got any and keep trying to reproduce them with letter stamps. Still not there yet but I quite like my "happy" done with Purple Onion stamps from a Self Addressed kit. "New" are AC letter stickers with some Rangers pearls dotted on. Year is a papermania duff rub on that only just rubbed on and so I had to go over it in pen. Boo to you PM! Actually once it was on I realised I would have preferred year to go further down.
Still I don't know who would get a new year card made on Jan 1st - I just really fancied making it!
I look forward to seeing what "new" things you come up with.
Off to look at the latest kwerner vid, sorry, I mean get my service ready...

9 comments:

Karen L said...

Love your "Happy New Year" card but even more I love your latest layout for "Salt" what a wonderful verse and challenge to start the 2008 year.

Sandy said...

Wow this is stunning. Love it.

Kristen said...

Love your New Year's Card!

Judy said...

Love the colours you have used, Lythan, Happy New Year to you.
!
Judy NZ

manuela said...

A beautiful card!

Kaz said...

Despite your misgivings on it, I really love this card. The colours, papers, layout, lettering all add up to a brill card .
Happy New Year xx

Anonymous said...

ooh Lytham I love the colours on this great card:)x

Anonymous said...

ooh Lytham I love the colours on this great card:)x

Anonymous said...

A beautful card and i love your layout too.:)
Vanessa. Happy 2008.