Thursday, January 03, 2008

where is my treasure?

it is Salt day today. Gillian set us an interesting challenge
take Inspiration from the Gospel of MatthewVerse 6, Chapter 21
For where your Treasure is,
there your Heart will also be.
I had to think long and hard about this one. All the things that I wanted to say were my treasure - my family in particular, don't really fit in with what Jesus is saying. That ultimately if your treasure is in the love of God rather than the things of the earth. That to be a person of faith I have to put God before the "stuff" of my life, yes even my stash supplies and even my family. But if I can find the way to put God first - and that can be a struggle at times - then everything else will fit into place and life will have more meaning and purpose both now - and in the life to come.
Actually I think Jesus puts it better than me...

Don't store up treasures on earth! Moths and rust can destroy them,
and thieves can break in and steal them.
Instead, store up your treasures in heaven, where moths and rust cannot destroy them, and thieves cannot break in and steal them.
Your heart will always be where your treasure is.
Which is why I went for the simple option for my layout. Kimberley went for something similar and I love the way she has chosen to express her faith. I cheated and went for the words of the marriage vows. They are a great way of praying and getting close to God I think. If you can't read them (acetate is hard to photograph I think!) it says...
I take you to be Lord and Saviour, to have and to hold, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love, cherish and worship, and not even death shall part us. This is my solemn vow.

The papers are all Scenic Route. The background paper is Laurel, the rest Loveland. I cut out and inked up lots of layers of hearts and covered them with the acetate and a piccy of me looking solemn! It does look better in real life and it was also a very spiritual experience making it. I was watching Midsomer Murders at the same time which lessened the effect slightly. But only just.

My heart and my treasure is Jesus , yesterday, today, tomorrow. But part of that is loving my family and that can mean spending time with them doing crafty stuff rather than sitting on my own. And even in that, to God be the glory.


PS: blogger is mucking around with me fonts and I can't get it all the same. Grrrrrrrrr

3 comments:

artfulstampin said...

What a thoughtful take on the verse. I love the colours and composition.

Hazel said...

This is a truly inspired response to this challenge.

Angelnorth said...

This is a beautiful LO Lythan and the thought you put in to it is quite obvious. I think your choice of wording was just great.

Hpayy New Year to you and yours, I hope 2008 is kind.