Sunday, February 17, 2008

Hello peeps!

Well I'm back.
We had a lovely, if brief break at Grandma's house.
Here are the highlights.
  • Listening to "I'm sorry I haven't a clue" - several series worth on various journeys. This radio show is hilarious. It also staggers me how they get away with such innuendo - all of which I can't repeat here...
  • Baby lambs - aaaah
  • lie ins
  • long walks with our dog (the laziest in the world)
  • A trip to Bolton on Valentines Day to watch the UEFA cup game. Who said romance is dead. (It did include a slap up Subway sandwich)
  • Christmas Day on Friday (quorn roast with all the trimmings) with Grandma and Auntie Jones thrilled with all their presents
  • playing Perudo - a hilarious dice based game and Bananagrams - a bit like Scrabble but not so intense
Of course there is molto catching up now.
So without further ado here is the Salt challenge of the week.
(Actually just a little ado to say that I hate both the phrase "with all the trimmings" and "without further ado" so you have to appreciate how hard is was to use the two in this post. See how much I love you?)
I chose the theme - and hadn't realised just how controversial it was. But it has been an interesting few weeks of theological discussion on our private message board. But all good...
The theme was Lent - to express creatively what it means to you. And as for some of the girls it had little meaning I think what they have all come up with is wonderful!
I decided to fill a lot of space with journalling about why the 40 days of Lent are important to me. So I used a painting I love of Jesus in the wilderness. The paper, card stock and journalling card were from the January Self Addressed Kit. Numbers are Basic Grey inked with a red Distress Ink pad and distressed further with Making Memories paint also used around the paper and card and to paint the Heidi Swapp letters.
Friday was Daring day. We had fun with Stampin' Up papers, ribbons and stamped images. Rachel B was hugely generous. I halved my goodies with Sue H and still had loads to play with. I made three cards, my own Guest Designer Carys made one and I still have some bits left over.
We obviously all liked the heart images. If I had known I would have put one of my other cards on the Daring Cardmaker blog.

Everything here is SU apart from the blue dots which are using a Sakura glaze pen.

My card blank, everything else SU - I just love the papers!
My card blank again - all else SU. But will you just look at that knot! It deserves a congratulations all of its own. I do look awkward doing them but I am getting the hang of it now!
This is Carys' card. Everything SU (the pot is half a punched tab) plus some white pen. She gave it to Grandma for Valentines Day.

SU stuff is not cheap but it is excellent quality and I do love the way it all goes together so well. Think I better save my pennies... Right better do some washing - the end of a holiday downside...

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Fabulous cards, well done. I love your layout and I admire people who journal like you have, its something I have not been brave enough to do. Thanks for sharing.

pmk said...

Gorgeous layout about Lent which is really making me think!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful cards. The layout is fab too. :)

Vanessa.

Unknown said...

Goodness - I don't know how you fit it all in! I share your love of "I'm Sorry I Haven't a Clue" (plus other obscure Radio 4 shows!). Really lovely creations Lythan - I especially love what you did with the SU images. Lol x