Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Woulda if I coulda

Phil helpfully tidied up my hard drive the other day. And deleted all my photo editing programmes. The one I use every other day apparently told him that I hadn't used it for 18 months. Well I have one reinstated now after a full and frank discussion... So I can show you what I've been up to now.

First you have to endure news time
  • craft club - good
  • service - actually really rather wonderful spiritual time
  • evening service - didn't have to prepare as we went to a commissioning service for some new Street Pastors. They go out late on Friday and soon Saturday nights in Romford and help take care of all the party goers. It is an amazing ministry and I would love to be a part of it. A few people at church are already considering it.
  • had a lovely Monday with Sue H - who has some big news to share. I stocked up on cardstock at Craft Creations - how can I have nearly run out of white and cream? we visited a local Craft Central. I needed some brads but had no cash so had to buy a few more things in order to pay by card (such sacrifice!)
  • in the evening it was Movie Night and we watched the Illusionist. Fantastic.
Here endeth the news.

I managed to squeeze in a tad of crafting.
Another layout for the Scotland album - and yes it features the colour orange. This was going to be a quick and easy page but all the doodling took a while in the end.
Cardstock: Bazzill; Papers: Scenic Route Metropolitan; Alpha stamps Purple Onion; rubons K& Co; stickers and thickers American Crafts; buttons from a Button company bought at the stitch show; bloom from Little Silver Hat kit. Everything else is doodly oodles.


Talking of doodles, Jo has done a fab tutorial this week on Daring Cards. She has let us into all her little secrets. Here is my version...
The papers are from a little K&Co pad - Bella I think. Just super quality and lovely colours. And as it happens the stamp is a Bella too, coloured in with the Works el cheapo sparkly paints which give a wonderful sheen not unlike H2O's (thanks for the tip Rhi!). It is all straighter than the photo looks but the photo doesn't show up the curse of the left hander (ie smudging stuff by sticking your hand over what you have just drawn which is wet), so not all bad then!

13 comments:

Nickynoo said...

Fab LO, and your doodled card is loads of fun, so bright and cheerful!

Andrea, said...

Brilliant card and layout, fab colours

Jo said...

Lythan - this is super yummy :) doodling loks brill and a fab layout too - I am so glad that your photo editing stuff is back :)

jo xx

Kathy said...

Fab LO and card - love them both.

Naughty Phil for deleting your photo prog - I bet you gave him a good telling off!

SueH said...

Great card, Great Layout and and even Greater day on Monday!!!

Wasn't sure if I should share my news just yet, so haven't said anything!

Sheila said...

Ooooh that's gorgeous Lythan.

Judy said...

WOW what fantastic doodling!
Judy NZ

Anonymous said...

beautiful LO and card.

Janice said...

What is it with DHs and computers, they just can't leave them alone! Lovely to see the Weymss Bay pic, we had a great holiday staying there one year with our boys, putting at Largs and a trip 'doon the watter' on the Waverley.

Janice

Juliet said...

Absolutely love this Lythan - the papers are gorgeous and your doodling just perfect!

Rosanne said...

Love your layout and card, great use of doodling.

Gina said...

Love it ~ funky and very clever! :O)

Emma said...

Oh wow, what a fabulous and bright card. Love it