Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Even happier Easter

We have had a fabby weekend here in Nevard towers.

Not only was it the celebration of Jesus rising from the dead. And there we were at 7:30 in the morning worshipping on the hillside in the snow (well not all the family, but quite a lot of Christians!) But also we had Phil's mum and sister to stay. Easter is just so much more meaningful for me than Christmas. Although with less presents! It is quite work intensive with lots of services to prepare but it is just such a privilege to lead people through the story of the passion and resurrection of Jesus. We call the story of Jesus last week the passion and I always hope that there is passion within it. I spend a lot of time with the family playing down the over excitement of Christmas and then whipping up the excitement of Easter!
It is always a bit sad that because we are both ministers the Nevard family is never all together for the big services. But at least it gives us something to talk about when we are together . (Kids "we had that fat balding boring Minister again this week" Me: "you mean your father")

This is the flower cross from Trinity Upminster. My camera batteries died as I was taking a photo of the one in Harold Hill. Less artistic. more colourful. But I love the message of each of them that new life comes from the cross.
And Lucky was over the moon to have her doggy friends here for a short time. As she lived in kennels for 4 years she is used to the company of other dogs. We are used to having a dog who attacks others when they come near (ah dear old Dutch) and so it is still strange and marvellous to have a dog who runs up to others and just sniffs them. She is pining a bit now though. Spin, Topper and Spell have gone back home. Spin is still the most photogenic dog in the whole world.

And yesterday I got to do a big of crafting. Absolute bliss!
I only made 2 cards and half a layout but it was all good fun. Carys joined in and did a layout of me and Phil. Aw. I love the way she felt the need to point out who is who. My little crown is made from the white wall above me. I think I look good as a Queen!

Anyway here is my card for this week's Daring Cardmakers Little Extra
Our midweek Little Extra is titled ‘The Flowers That Bloom In The Spring’ and we would like you to create a card with flowers.

Simple? Aww but hold on…….there’s a little twist because we don’t want to make it too easy for you. We want your cards to have flowers on but we don’t want to see any Prima’s or shop brought blooms. The idea of this dare is for you create your flowers yourself, so let’s see what you can come up with.

Not a new kind of card for me. I love making layered flowers with punches. Even better, I've used scallop nestabilities to add closer together layers. I can't send this in the post though as it sticks out a mile!
The papers are from a recent Self Addressed kit - Collage press I do beleive. So is the scalloped card and the green Bazzill. The whole thing is mounted on a cream square card and finished off with a gem which looks more like a pearl in the photo.

I'm hoping to fit in more crafty time this week but with all the work of the last few weeks the house also needs a bit of attention. Oh for a full time housekeeper!

7 comments:

SueH said...

Such a beautiful card Lythan, those nestabilities are so yummy!

Glad you have a wonderful weekend with your family around you.
Sue
x

Janice said...

Thank you for sharing your weekend with us - it is lovely to read about it. Great dare - will see if I can fit it in.

Janice (Farmersgirl)

Carol Ann said...

It sounds as if you have had a really lovely Easter Weekend, your Challenge cards a rather nice too! xx

Jo said...

Queen Lythan is a fantastic name.... :) + I laughed out loud about the boring Minister. Fantastic LO by Cerys and your card is fabby too :) I am so glad that you had a good weekend - the flower cross looks beautiful.

jo xx

Anonymous said...

that's pretty stunning card!

Arlene,
Tacoma florist

Jukie said...

Very Pretty and lovely to hear all about your Easter.

~Emma~ said...

Lythan I love this card!! Would not have thought of making a flower like this...so now off the play!