Tuesday, June 10, 2008

I am going mad(der)

Emrys was up FAR too late last night. "why aren't you wearing the watch you got for your birthday?"
Baffled look. "I didn't get a watch for my birthday"
Oh.
Well I did BUY a watch for his birthday. So, which safe place did I put it in?
....
this is the SECOND time I have done this.
Feeling old anyway as we are changing our life assurance today and the policy ends in 21 years when I will be 64. Eeeek! Only 21 years and I will be nearly retired.

I've had a very busy weekend with church stuff and quite a packed day today but yesterday was a nice rest and loads of fun teaching at Imagine That. I am so glad I went as it meant I could copy the card myself for our neighbours who are having a joint party on Saturday.
The "0" is made with two nestabilities dies!
Papers are Basic Grey Infuse with a hint of mellow. Loads of stickles and glossy accents.
Thanks for the inspiration Emma!

Today's Little Extra over at Daring Cardmakers is another anniversary theme card.
we are looking at the 13th Anniversary gifts of Lace or Textiles/furs!
Well I didn't have any fur but I did have some paisley material...
It was a bigger piece to start with but I kept trying to get the frayed edges straight so I cut and frayed until you can barely see the paisley. It is actually a bright pink! I painted a chipboard paisley with dabbers and added Gold Krylon and white gel pen accents. The white card was put through a paisley cuttlebug embossing folder and the greeting is a Purple Onion one cut using a nestability.

And finally... Dad's Father's Day card
Bazzill kraft card. BG Mellow paper as frame with KI memories lace behind. Maya Road chipboard tree coloured in with dabbers. The sentiment is printed and nestabilitied. The only problem with nestabilities is that the word is so long. I'm going to call it nestied from now on!

Off to cook tea. Wonder if i will find that watch in the freezer?

3 comments:

Jo said...

found these :)

http://www.cafepress.com/phonebox

gorgeous cards, really love the tree one - and thank you for reminding me that it is Father's day this weekend... :)

jo xx

Kathy said...

Great cards Lyth

Hope you find that watch

Rika said...

fabulous work!