Monday, March 09, 2009

And relax...

I had rather a stressful week last week - and will have another again this week but in the middle I have had an oasis of calm. I was one of the worship leaders at a conference which meant I had to be away from home overnight Friday. apart from having to get up and lead worship on Saturday morning (eek!) I ended up with a fair bit of free time to do some MA work and um, sleep. Which did me the world of good. And today I have been able to take time out and craft. Naturally I have not done as much as I would like but faffing about is also a joy!

I have a fair few cards finished now. I'll just show a few tonight. these are all part of my recycle the Christmas card glut and use the Basic Grey Offbeat bargains project. There are lots of bits in the Offbeat chipboard set you know. I have loads more left yet!All Offbeat apart from some Core'dinations sparkly cardstock (which I thought was going to be glittered but is more or less the same as Bazzill bling), a button and a sentiment from the Clare Curd Signature set. I added glitter to the butterfly's spots
Letter stickers by Adorn it. Fabby fringed paper frill by Doodlebug.
Doodlebug ribbon and Coredinations cardstock.

Now I am completely relaxed it is time to ratchet up the pressure again with lots of work so I will catch up again when I can!

9 comments:

Canne said...

fab cards lythan, funny what you said about the coredinations paper, I though it was going to be glittery too!

lisa said...

You make cards look so easy Lythan. I've got some BG Offbeat...but just seem to use it, it does nothing for me....but your cards are FAB!!
lis x

Carol said...

These are all delish! Think i like the bottom one best....love turquoise & red together! :)

Hugs
Carol x

Tip Top said...

I really do like those scalloped frame things (I can't remember what they are really called!) they look so lovely!

Great colour combinations and lovely ribbon!!!

I think faffing with paper and stuff is very relaxing - and little oasis' (oasies?) are good too!

Hope this week is a little less manic!

CraftyC said...

A lovely set of cards Lythan!
Clairex

Hazel said...

Glad you had a good weekend and that you've now had some crafting time - I find that faffing around is all part of the process! Your cards are, as usual, first class. x

Kathy said...

These are fab, Lythan - love the way you've used these papers

Stacy said...

hello lythan thanks for inviting me to the team!

Anonymous said...

excellent set of cards...love them all.