Thursday, March 05, 2009

Blah

Just sharing how I feel today! Not ill or owt, just a bit overwhelmed with stuff and frustrated with other people. And myself!
Still it is a beautiful day, I have achieved quite a lot and I know that God loves me.

It is Salt day today and God willing, this is the last one with the small team as technical difficulties notwithstanding we should be able to announce the expanded team soon. I am very excited to meet the new talented people and have them share their creativity and faith with us!

It was my turn to choose the challenge this week. It is funny as it was mine this time last year when I discombobulated (I think this is my third fave word ever) people with "Lent". So I went for something we all recognise -

New Life in Christ.
My daughter was baptised at the end of February. This was a very special time. Baptism is a symbol of new life in Christ as Paul writes in Romans
‘Do you not know that all of us who have been baptised into Christ Jesus were baptised into his death? Therefore we have been buried with Christ by baptism into death, so that, just as Christ was raised from the dead by the glory of the Father, so we too might walk in newness of life. Romans 6:3-4
New life can come at other times too and I would love to see your creative reflections on this theme

I just had to scrap that baptism! Made slightly more tricky as there were no photos of the baptism itself, only a video. So the photos in my layout are less than the best quality stills. However, it is lovely to have those so I am not complaining!
The photo doesn't really do the layout justice so I might try again later. Plus I don't think it is really finished, I just ran out of time so thought I would mull it over a bit more at my leisure!

The card stock is Bazzill Dotted Swiss and all the papers and some of the die cuts are Crate Paper Prudence (you can buy them here). The letters and scrolls are cut on my Craft Robo. I was alerted to an amazing French Robo pattern site. It is funny because I have been trying to track down some flourish dies for ages and then thought "surely I have some patterns for the Robo?" And yes indeed I do. Loads I have saved already. Stupid brain. Expect some major scroll and flourish overload to be coming your way.
The letters and scrolls were sprinkled with glitter and inked.
Here is a close up of the teeny weeny writing

8 comments:

lisa said...

How lovely, being able to baptise your own daughter, Lythan : )
lis xx

annmarie said...

Well, I suppose if I did something on this theme I'd be ahead for Easter!!

I half remember bits of the prayers we say when we bless the Easter candle - all connected to new life, water and baptism ... but I don't have a copy of it.

I really hate half remembering things and can't but look them up - I'm like a sniffer dog until I get it sorted!!

Congratulations to Carys - I always hope that I will have the opportunity to share my faith, and if I do I hope my approach would be: "The Challenge, but go for it!" Some people imply that faith will be a new beginning devoid of all the problems and sorrows, but that's a false promise: it will always be a challenge!!
I hope Carys will enjoy meeting the challenges that come her way, by the grace of God.

Love and best wishes to both of you, and Happy St David's day, too. (A bit late, but the Welsh name reminded me of Cum Rhondda and Songs of Praise being from Cardiff on Sunday ...)

Hazel said...

Thank you for such a thoughtful LO, Lythan. What a joy to baptise Carys - a very special occasion. x

Maria Matter said...

This is beautiful; your layout and your daughter's baptism!
How wonderful!
Our church does the video also, but there are always people with camera snapping pictures too...for just this reason! It's nice to have a picture to display of this very beautiful decision!
Blessings, Maria

Enfys said...

How lovely to baptize your daughter - my dad was a minister, and he baptized me, and conducted my wedding. Makes it even more special. Love the layout, and the message
hugs
En xx

Kathy said...

Great LO Lythan. Can't believe I've not mentioned that French site to you before - it's fab, isn't it?

Anice said...

Sorry to hear that you are feeling a bit blah today. I know the feeling well! Sending you good vibes to blow the blah feelings away.
Your layout is lovely as always you just know how much to put on. Wonderful.
Anice xx

Esther said...

How lovely to be able to store precious memories on paper! A treasured memory to keep, and a great layout ant theme for Salt!