Monday, March 23, 2009

I'm just hanging on the telephone

waiting for Hywel to ring and say to come and pick him up. So I thought I would update my blog while I wait as I can't settle to anything. He has had a great time by all accounts. They managed to be at Stonehenge and Avebury for Spring Solstice so shared the sites with some interesting people! H said that some one asked if he could sit down and drum next to him while he ate his lunch and he was sad to miss the egg rolling but they were then setting off for Oxford.

I had a lovely day yesterday. I think that Mother's and Father's Day ought not to be on a weekend as some of us have to work you know. But it was a wonderful service and a good church meeting and I enjoyed my traditional slap up lunch at McDonalds (just realised we should have photographed it as it would be a great tradition to scrap. Doh. Father's Day will have to do). I did get a card and layout finished yesterday and another one started. Don't know when that will be done as it is Imagine That day today. This morning was doing the how to doodle pages, this afternoon teaching a Doodling class and this evening making the page for the new doodling class when I have to doodle direct onto card stock. Eeek!

But here is the stuff I prepared earlier...
I decided to have a go at the card making challenge on UK Scrappers. I look occasionally and don't really participate which is a shame so i am going to try to do some of the challenges there.
The March challenge was to use three from, Bling, Birdies, Blooms, Bunnies, Buttons, Bows.

I went for bling, blooms, bows and buttons (ok I can't count)
I used grey cardstock on a white square card. I cut it down and added a scallop edge. All the papers are K&Co Amy Butler. I did intend to use some outsize bloms but they just didn't work so instad used a chipboard flower I painted and Glitter Dust glazed years ago, layered with two paper flowers and a button. I added faux stitching not my best effort but there we are - BUT I tied a real life honest to goodness bow all by myself. Shock! (If I am honest I still do two loops to tie shoelaces that is how bad my bow tying skills are). The bling gems are from Anitas and the sentiment is one of my new Imagine That stamps embossed with white emobssing powder.

This layout started out as a white 8.5x11" one
which will now feature a totally different photo and papers! What took forever with this layout was getting my sewing machine to work. I really must use it more often and then there wouldn't be so many mistakes. Please don't look at the sewing too closely. I keep accelerating too hard. It's not a car I know!

I was going to do the sewing in white but the thread kept breaking but I am glad I went for orange instead. The papers are Cherry Arte Poolside and a snip of Pink Paislee Office Lingo. I have made4 layouts with these Poolside papers now and there is sitll a little left over- not bad eh?. I used up a load of the matching chipboard shapes too. The letters are Basic Grey, the journalling spot American Crafts. The felt stars are from a German Euro shop. Sadly said bike is not being used at present as fitting a kickstart is proving complicated.

Well that has killed 30 minutes and he still hasn't rung. I do hate waiting like this!

5 comments:

Kathy said...

Wonderful LO and card - love your choice of papers for the biker page - they looks fantastic.
Must admit I had a giggle at your MaccyD tradition for mother's day - I just couldn't imagine my mum going for that in a million years. She went to one once and that was enough!

Hope the wanderer returns soon, you sound as though you're sitting on hot bricks!

Enfys said...

Fabulous card and LO Lythan. Specially love the funky colours of the card. Had to laugh at your golden arches lunch date for Mother's day, now my kids would think you are a seriously cool mum!
hugs
Enfys x

Hazel said...

Hope you didn't have to wait too much longer for the phone call and that Hywel has safely returned. Smashing crafting - love the choice of papers and embellies on the UKS challenge card (I've belonged there for ages but have never done a challenge ... perhaps one day) x

Tip Top said...

Wow! Fantastic layouts and such great colours - very inspiring!

Allison said...

great card and layout Lythan
AllisonX