Tuesday, June 02, 2009

Sidles in quietly

It's been awhile!
In fairness, I have been away for half term and the days before I went away were absolutely brutal in terms of work so I kind of crashed. But I am now refreshed and raring to go! (mostly)
We had a fab half term staying in a cute cottage in Peasmarsh, near Rye in East Sussex. There will be more on this later!
But for now I am going to catch up with the dares and challenges that I missed out on.
I was around for the Daring card on 22nd May but was just too busy to finish and then photograph my card. So finally here it is

I downloaded these digital images and papers years ago - on a hard drive that doesn't exist anymore so I can't attribute them. I used scallop scissors to make the waves and layered it all up with foam pads, inserting the boat into the waves. You can see the layers better here
the sentiment is a freebie stamp from Creativity Magazine.

then this last Friday it was to do a card with 5 of something. I went for my new punch...
and 5 butterflies!
the papers and die cuts are all Crate Paper Carnival, with some Making Memories Tiny Alphas thrown in. I love tiny alphas. Thought you might like to know!

And finally for today my Salt layout for last week! Kim set the theme of

The Work of the Holy Spirit
every time I thought about the layout I started singing a song. Which turned up on Hazel's contribution! I'm so glad I didn't use it too.
I made the bird part before I went away. I printed a template from the net and layered strips of Crate Paper Carnival (yes again) on the other side and cut it out. I added the lettering - al thickers. The red "Come" letters were just the wrong red so I added some pearlised paint thickly with my fingers to tone it down. I then set to a-journalling about my relationship with the Holy Spirit and then added the Docrafts stick on gems. A WHOLE packet! They were a freebie. I'm usually MUCH tighter than that with embellishments. BUT I do like the splurge look and I think the Holy Spirit deserves it!

I have more to share. I have even already done one layout about last week. But I'll save that for another post! Its good to be back :)

6 comments:

Canne said...

Fab work as always, really love the boat themed one!

Vicky said...

These are all fab Lythan, esp like the boat on the waves, great design. xx

pmk said...

It's great to have you back! I really like the 'splurge' look on the layout and the cards are fab (as always!).

SueH said...

Fab cards and LO Lythan!

You always use such bright and colourful papers with such stunning results…….I wish I could be brave enough to do the same.

Sue
x

Hazel said...

You always come up with just the right response for Salt challenges - and I love the 'splurge' x

Kathy said...

That cottage looks soooo cute! Glad to hear you had a lovely holiday and that now you're all relaxed and rejuvenated ;)
Love the DCM catch-up cards - the stripey papers are gorgeous on both.

Lovely LO too