Friday, August 14, 2009

the post that is a bit like buses

you see nothing for ages and then loads turn up!
Usually this time of year life gets a bit slower. Well it hasn't this one and it means I have less time for fun stuff like creating and blogging. Although I did manage a little the other day - as you will see!
The kids are back (hurray - although the house is not as tidy as it was! And I have to fix when I can use my computer. But I love it!); a new boiler system is in and all is well.

So a quick creative catch up.
I finally managed to do my swing card for last weeks Daring Cardmakers.
but you can't see it any more as I ahd to remove it!Then yesterday I had another layout published on the Docrafts site
There is a detailed how to on the site so I'll just put some close ups here
I used more of the handmade and silky papers which are great for rolling up the little flowers. And the colours are gorgeous.

And finally today I shall give you this weeks Daring dare!
Kathy chose
My challenge consists of just one word really and that word is;
LACE
You're free to interpret "Lace" in whatever way you like; you could use the actual word on your card, stamp or cut a lacy design or maybe use one of these dictionary definitions to inspire you:
1. a net-like ornamental fabric made of threads by hand or machine.
2. a cord or string for holding or drawing together, as when passed through holes in opposite edges.
3. ornamental cord or braid, esp. of gold or silver, used to decorate uniforms, hats, etc.
4. a small amount of alcoholic liquor or other substance added to food or drink.

I could only find one humongous piece of lace which I decided to fold up. Not sure - looks like bloomers! Still as it is on a card for a 90 year old it might take her back to undies of her youth!
I used a cream square card and mostly BG Blush papers. I have only one more card to squeeze out of that paper pad - what an acheivement! The 90 and the photo corner uses a BG Obscure paper which matches perfectly. I made a lacy border to the corner with a punch. A bit fiddly but it works. Lots of "fussy cutting" (love that US expression) and layering, a line of pearls and that is it.
Close up of the layers
I'll be a bit hit and miss for a while with my blogging so I will catch you when I can...

8 comments:

SueH said...

Hi Lythan, I’m pleased the ‘kiddies’ are home safe and sound and all is back to normal at ‘Nevard Towers’!

As usual, all your work is beautiful.
I love your creative used of the photos and the play on words on the swing card and your card for this weeks Lacy dare is simply stunning. I especially love the colour combination on this one.
Sue
x

Sue said...

LOVE the whopper card made me LOL

MY BLOG

Traceyr said...

Great cards Lythan and I especially like the wording on the top card. Very clever. :)

Made me laugh.

Kathy said...

LYTHAN! what a whopper, indeed! D. says you're a "very naughty girl...." when he saw what I was laughing at!

Fab idea for a Flip card, the swing bit works so brilliantly with that photo, def going to cause some hilarity when it reaches Swansea Sue

Love the Lace card, so much beautiful detail, I didn't even notice the gorgeous lacy corner piece until you pointed it out. Fab flowers too.

LOs are both wonderful, loving all those pretty flowers

Allison said...

fab work Lythan
AllisonX

Unknown said...

Now this is a really lovely card Lythan but us Facebookers know what REALLY keeps you occupied these days and it's something to do with jewels. I'm running away now ...... Lol Lynn ♥

Carol said...

This is gorgeous Lythan...one of my most favourite selections from BG, the lace suits it so perfectly!
I LOVE the froggy page, i presume it's one of Phil's fabulous photo's....looked at them all on flickr :)
Have a great week....

Hugs
Carol x

Tip Top said...

Hehehe! 90 year old nickers!! Great colours though!