Sunday, September 20, 2009

And... relax

Had a quite stressful end to the week and will have a few hairy days next week so ended up having a Sunday afternoon snooze today! I would rather have been crafting - or done the ironing like I meant to but the body decided otherwise. The rather busy week end is why I haven't posted up my Daring card here yet so now is the time to rectify that.

Obviously still tired as I suddenly realised I had started typing this post on the DCM blog. Whoops! in its rightful place now.
Anyway this weeks dare was
Shabby Chic
Look through your stash and found all those bits and pieces you can use or even ask your Nana or Grandma for some bits. Old lace, buttons, bling, flowers etc and make a mess and see what you come up with.

I am in awe of people who can really rock the shabby chic look. Even more now I have discovered how hard it is!!!! I could do the making a mess bit easily enough, just the rest that was the problem really. But I am always game
Mine doesn't have anything truly shabby on it. I did get some vintage papers out (OK they were still on my desk after the Salt dare) but in the end I used a Flower stamp with print on it. This was stamped three times in Stazon and roughed up with distress ink. Three of the papers are BG Stella Ruby
(yay, more of those old sheets used! Although in BG defence I haven't grown tired of most of the designs. Except maybe Obscure but even some of those patterns are still cool)

the design cut out with the Nestie Label is a new Papermania Christmas paper. It is a pad of A4 linen papers that are paper not card heavy but really pretty and vintagey. I sewed round it by hand. The velvet ricrac behind is from Paper and String. I put a strip into an embossing folder - the wrong way round (doh) but then got heavy with distress ink again to bring out the debossed pattern

An Imagine That button was tied with bakers twine and I tied some sheer ribbon and added a rosebud paper flower. In the right hand corner I used the same stamp as last week and sprinkled it with Distress Stickles and Liquid Pearls. I've not added a sentiment as then I can choose what occasion to send it for.

Right off for a reviving cup of tea and an ignore of the ironing pile...

5 comments:

BALLET NEWS said...

I know that feeling & I sympathise. The ironing and all the rest can wait.... tea..

Kathy said...

Hope you're still ignoring the ironing Lythan - I'm refusing to look in the direction of my ironing pile atm. That'll teach it.
I love your card - I love the mix of papers and the colours are wonderful, the hint of reddy pink really lifts the whole thing. Great stitchery too

Hope your week isn't as exhausting as you think it's going to be

Hazel said...

Sorry to hear about your weekend - hope your week isn't too hectic. You certainly achieved shabby chic. Glad to know I'm not the only one who puts things the wrong way round into the embossing folder x

RedLan said...

So classy! I see different arts in your card. the color the style, perfect!

Tip Top said...

Ironing is bad for you anyway. Lovely shabby card and chic!