Wednesday, February 10, 2010

travels with my blog

actually I'm not going anywhere. I thought that I would be going to Blackpool for some of next week but I'm not. SO we will have to find some "fun days out" instead. Otherwise we will just veg about.

I just used that as a shoe horn in title so I could say "I went to see Travels Round My Aunt at the Queens Theatre Hornchurch yesterday" And then add "it was very good" Phil and I went to see it in London when the boys were small and enjoyed it very much. But that was about 14 years ago (note I said boys not kids, we only had boys then) and I'd forgotten most of it. We took Carys last night - she loves the theatre - and a brilliant time was had by all. There was a different way of doing the play which made the most of the Queen's always excellent staging department. Honestly, sometimes the actors hold their own but sometimes the staging is the best bit of the productions. We now book 4 plays at a time in order to get cheap tickets and wish we had started years ago. We are very privileged to have a rep theatre on our doorstep. And if you are closeish to Hornchurch then come see travels with my aunt too.

I managed a little crafting on Sunday afternoon and only now have time to share it. I still have about 6 layouts to put into my Holland holiday/Day trip to France album and it is beginning to bulge. I may have to take all the France ones out and put them in another - but I don't want to. I shall just have to do some really, really, flat layouts!
Anyway here are the next two. Firstly, "So what"
October Afternoon and K and Co papers; Bazzill cardstock and white strip; felt zigzag ribbon (nearly gone - will have to have more), ancient chipboard that I am trying to use up, inked and embossed; K and Co journal spot; Paperchase mushrooms
here is what it says
And then my fave moment of the day aka "bless"
He was convinced you could see Mont St Michel as we stood at a panoramic view point and it pointed out where things were. WhenI explained that you couldn't really see them Phil was a bit sad. Then we got very silly...
MME and OA papers; Fancy Pants big stamp; Technique Tuesday little one; Doodlebug ribbons and letters; Docrafts buttons; LYS letter stickers; Basic Grey chipboard; Stickles and Liquid Pearls.

Must do some more work as I am hoping for time to play later. But having a play night last night means I can't just do nuttin'. Its the Ministry guilt thing. But I do have time for craft next week!

2 comments:

Ruth said...

Flat layouts seem very appropriate for Holland!

SueH said...

Lol to Ruth's comment, I almost spluttered coffee all over my desk!

Lovely LO’s Lythan, I look forward to seeing then in the flesh the next time we meet at yours.

Can’t remember the last time I visited the Queen’s….it must be years ago.