Tuesday, March 16, 2010

9 down 1 to go

I've only got one more seminar left for my MA course this year. There is still a huge amount of work to do though. Next Monday I present my consultation report to a local church I have been working with. (One whole paragraph so far) and then when Easter has died down a bit I will be writing that up into a proper essay type thing with data and research and everything. Which then means I am almost at Dissertation time. Scary! (not that I cross my bridges before they are hatched. As you can tell)

Sunday we had a great time at church. The downside with it being Mothering Sunday is that for Minister Mums we have to work. And we followed Church with an AGM as well. But the worship made up for having to work. It was a service full of noise and thinking together and praying together and sharing communion together. We thought about God as Mother, as Father and about ourselves as family. This teeny church (on Sunday we had 1 over 80; 2 over 60 (one of whom has special needs and uses a wheelchair and brings a carer with her) 8 30-60 (one of whom uses a wheelchair) 2 16-18, 1 10 year old and 4 under fours!) is a very special place where we are all ages and stages and colours and levels of ability. It is messy and noisy and fragile and for me a wonderful image of the Kingdom of God

Still I didn't have to cook lunch! And I had a little crafting time before we settled down to Larkrise to Candleford. (Minnie for Prime Minister is all I'm saying). I had lots of chocs and a gossip magazine (only time of year my daughter allows me to read them) and a mothers first aid kit. Oh and my annual Mothers Day hug from number 2 son (not into bodily contact with his parents)

Monday I was thrilled to find I had won the Sarah's Cards Sketch Comp for last month. I'm eagerly awaiting the Guest Designer Sketch now (oh as well as the gift voucher!)

So here is a little of what I have made recently and not shown yet - 2 layouts for my 2009 hols album and a card to use up papers.
This is for an old Sketchy Thursdays sketch using October Afternoon papers and stickers and Basic Grey chipboard.

And this one fits the current Sketchy Thursdays sketch (yay!)
These papers are all KandCO Urban Couture. I added some stash ribbon; a Prima stamp; some coloured acetate (that I have had for YEARS!) that I stuck on some white card and punched with my EKsuccess border punch; some square brads (ancient also) a Scrappy Fairy blogspot with liquid pearl dots; Chatterbox stars; Papermania letter stickers and buttons from my huge pile of buttons.

Here's my leftovers cardStamp from Imagine That; KandCo embellishment pack rose; velvet rickrac also Imagine That.

Must cook tea and then I am off to theTheatre to see the Talented Mr Ripley. I'll give my verdict on Thursday (Salt day)

2 comments:

SueH said...

Beautiful LO’s and card Lythan and big congrats on the win, well deserved I must say.
That’s the second one recently isn’t it?
You must be on a roll!

Sue
x
Hope you enjoyed the show.

Tessa Buys said...

Beautiful projects! I love all the buttons on your ST layout :).

Tessa, Sketchy Thursdays DT