Monday, May 03, 2010

Hailstones in May? Must be Bank Holiday

British weather is such a joke. We have these Bank Holiday Mondays and the weather is so often bad. Last week was beautiful and they promised good things for today. Wrong. To be fair we did go out for a walk and there was only one small shower. We entertained ourselves by thinking up things Emrys might like for his birthday - as long as they began with the "Sk" sound. A scar, a skeleton, a scorpion - any of these or the other 30 or so we came up with may feature if he doesn't MAKE A BIRTHDAY LIST SOON. All he has come up with so far are "things"

I've had a lovely time crafting though. I allowed myself yesterday to scrap without prejudice. I have some design team and request things to do but just wanted a little freedom - and got it. Today I'm back on the chain gang!
Here is a layout based on this week's Sketchy Thursdays design and is another for the summer holiday 2009 album - filling up nicely!I used papers from a MME paper stack. My fave blue and green with a little hot pink for contrast. I used a Jenny Bowlin label shaped paper to draw around. Also used
Nesties 7 label; Fiskars border punch; Sassafrass brads; MLS letter stickers; ancient pink plastic letters; Docrafts flower; button and sequins from stash.
The flower was a happy accident. I had gone made with an outliner pen and it looked terrible so I covered it with sequins. Nice
and here is the explanation of bokeh
I also used a sketch by Ingvild Bolme. I am so in awe of her scrapping skills. She makes the most romantic embellsihment filled works of art. I hoped that using her sketch would rub some of the magic off onto me. Not quite!
Here is the sketch
and here is my take on itthat ribbon is not red, it is the to die for Dear Lizzy pink ribbon. But for some reason it photographs red from far away and from close up!
White spot cardstock is Doodlebug. Stickers, papers and die cut are Docrafts. I hand cut the flowers from a paper and covered them with Glamour Dust and used foam pads for dimension.
And you know how I pride myself in knowing how to write just the right amount to fit the space? Failed!

There's more to come but that's enough for today. Back to work tomorrow - which includes handing in the essay and lunch with a dear friend. So easing back in really

4 comments:

Carole said...

Both gorgeous scrapbook pages, love the seagull!
Carole x

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

GORGEOUS!!! I love love love both of these!! loveeeeeeeeeeeeeee all the flowers!!! Thanks soooooooooooooooo much for playing along with Sketchy Thursdays! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Becky said...

What gorgeous LO's Lythan! I've really admired your craft when I've seen it on TV and in Magazines, you are so talented!!
Thanks so much for stopping by my blog!
xx

Ingvild Bolme said...

Wao, this is really a great LO! Love your use of layers and air spaces. Really a great pick of colours too, I really enjoy looking at this LO. And what I really love, is how you placed the photos in your own way. Thank you so much for trying my sketch and for showing your beautiful result! Wish you a great weekend!