Saturday, May 01, 2010

More tea vicar?

We really do say that in our house! Well Phil does more than me because I have to be really dying of thirst before I will stir myself (and the pot) to make one. Dunno why.
Lazy.
is probably the best answer.
He went out bright and early this morning bird watching.
I have had
1 cup of tea.
Am I thirsty?
Yes.
(pause to get some water as I am out soon and so won't have time to wait for optimum tea drinking time)
that's better.

Anyway I have revealed one of my foibles just in order to share the Get Funky challenge for this month. Enfys chose the theme
Shaped Cards
and do you know what I have discovered?
they are truly not my thang.
I was supposed to have got this done by last night and failed - the worst part of it being that the others truly rocked the challenge. Go and see and bow down before their awesomeness!
Enough pity party - here is my effortI printed two Dreams Come True Delightful Fun patterns onto one sheet of A4 card which I folded in half. I used a tea pot digi image from the same CD as a guide (it would have been a bit small if I had used it as a template) and kinda worked from there. I think it will look a little better with the inside inked too.

I made a little pocket on the inside to put a tea bag in and also so I could do this
I do love the way the patterns co-ordinate. Love that brown check one in particular at the moment. Anyway do go and share love with the others - and why not try the challenge yourself - just use a Funky Hand product and you could win a £20 voucher!

5 comments:

Vicky said...

I love it, brilliant idea, really funky. I might just have to copy it ;)x

Kath Stewart said...

loving your funky pink teapot rev...and the hidden message too...enjoy the rest of your BH weekend...big hugs kath xxx

Jules said...

Hi Lythan

Your Funky Teapot is brilliant and such a great idea - and I love the hidden message very much.

Have a great Bank Holiday break - put your feet up and get lots more cups of tea made for you LOL!!!.

Love Jules xx

Allison said...

its fab and funky Lythan love the paper choice too
AllisonX

Sharon (glitterangel) said...

I love the teapot - and my favourite colour combination! It's a great idea - very clever.