Tuesday, May 11, 2010

A week early

Now the kids are older, one of us gets up to check the younger two are getting going (we get up at the time the older one has to leave for college poor thing!) and the other one can stay in bed a little longer. Tuesday is one of my stay in bed days. But I had to get up early as I have a Junior School Assembly in Romfordto go to and although it is not til 9 I have to leave not that long after 8:15 (for a 20 minute trip) in order to ensure I am there on time due to the work/school run. Of course when I double checked the assembly is next week...

Still it gives me a chance to showcase my latecomings! Funky Hand published a fab new download called Flutterby Flowers. What I love about the digi downloads is that you can change the sizes around and so get even more value for money. So here are my cards...
The first is yet another easel card using my fave download papers Retro Fun. It is my own card the person who is 80!Then I decided to be strong and find some different patterns to use! I broke out my "Now that's funky" CD and found some great patterns in lovely colourways including this rather gorgeous brown and blue combo. With a bit of Brown Corduroy distress ink and some faux stitching this panel card came together very quickly(stamp from Imagine That. Stick on gems bought from there too)

The third card took forever though!It is a large square card. I printed several butterflies of the same size on paper and used a few to cut the right size shapes out of different patterns, inked each one, stuck them on and then used black pen to go round so less white bits were seen! I think it took 2 hours in all so will be saved for someone special!
Also used Purple Onion stamps; Fiskars punch, Anitas ribbon.

Also on my crafting to do list yesterday was a 90th birthday card for a friends mum. His wife made a lemon drizzle cake as payment. As we have eaten the cake (my fave!) I thought I had better make the card. I ahd asked what her favourite colour was (mum not wife!) and he said "Lilac". I don't have much lilac I thought to myself. I fancied that the card would need some big paper flowers so I ordered some from Wild Orchid Crafts along with a few other bits and bobs. Don't look at the website if you can't resist temptation!
Of course you have to buy in bulk so expect to see some more lilac flowers appearing.
Now when I went to look at my papers I realised I was right. I don't have any lilac. Well apart from some Prima papers that I am saving for a really special layout (aka they scare me) and I was just about to use them anyway when I thought "Have you or have you not just spent the morning looking through your Funky Hand CD's. Surely there will be some lilac there". Naturellement on It's Funky Too there are loads of lovely lilacs - as you can see...
Its an A5 card. A style I use a lot for special occasions, using some Urban Lily paper numbers I have to draw around. Also used Cuttlebug Embossing folders; Glamour Dust; purple distress ink; purple onion stamps; Nesties label 8. FLowers leaves and crystals all Wild Orchid.

I have quite an intense day ahead so it has been worth getting up early all in all!

3 comments:

Enfys said...

Gorgeous flutterby samples Lythan, I love the birthday font on the second one, and the 2 hour one was well worth the effort. I've done that before, searched for ages for a coloured DP then DUH, out comes the FH.
hugs
En xx

Kathy said...

awww fancy missing out on your lie-in! Still, you had a fab result with all these gorgeous cards - the FH Flutterby ones are amazing - I thought my big butterfly took a long time, but your mosaic one must have taken eons!

Jo said...

The cards are beautiful, well worth the time spent :) Wishing I hadn't clicked on the pretty flowers link now!