Monday, September 06, 2010

Yawn

Not so much tired after doing yesterday's 9:30 service - that was fine actually. I'm rather pleased that I was able to use illustrations from both Fame and Trainspotting (without the swearing obv.) about how we need to Choose Life God's way (Deutoronomy 30) but that can be difficult (i.e. you have to pay "in sweat") (Luke 14).
Oh bother
I've just remembered that I was also going to quote the Robert Frost poem about the Road Less Travelled. Bit late now.

Anyway not so much tired from that as from our "dear" dog being wide awake at 2 am again and me deciding I ought to put her outside Just In Case. (Being a retired greyhound means that housetraining is a bit hit and mess. Yes I spelt it like that deliberately). And then had to get up at snooze o'clock to ensure Emrys was up and awake and ready for his orientation day at college. OK it was only 7 am but my body works best on a midnight until 8 sleep pattern. We have realised that 7:15 will do in future. And I sent him to the right bus stop this time.
So it is only just past 9 in the evening and I feel ready for bed already!

But I want to stay up and watch "Grandma's House" which is the sort of comedy I usually don't find funny but in this case I do. So I thought I would share some of my recent crafting while I wait...
Yesterday I realised that I needed to send a birthday card to a girl at church and was about to send one when I thought "hang on, she is Ghanaian" and thought that as I was colouring in an image myself I could try painting her with dark skin not peachy as I usually do. So here are two more version of the teacup girl I used for the Dare card last friday.
I used Distress Inks to colour with. I'm not great at colouring but I enjoy giving it a try. The papers on the left are October Afternoon and those on the right are mostly Daisy D's. The stamp is Papertrey Ink.

Here are a couple of holiday layouts
You can't really see my expression as the weather was terrible when I took the photo of the layout and it is a tad dark - but I look just like my dad! I'm standing under the tallest tree in England - I think there is a taller one in Scotland. Wales doesn't have one because we are all small. More of the same papers plus some glimmer mist; scraps ; OA stickers and some Wild Orchid and Ribbon Girl ribbons

And yet another photo of the family playing Poohsticks. Yes, it still happens, even at their great age. This was based on an old Sketchy Thursdays sketch
Look at all that stitching. Go me. I used October Afternoon Thrift Shop papers and the letters are Thickers; Making Memories, Adornit and Doodlebug
Must rub out the pencil marks...
I'm obviously VERY tired as I have just remembered that what I WAS going to showcase today were my samples for Anice's new Funky Hand All I Want for Christmas Download. I'll do that in the next couple of days but swing by the website and see everyone's amazing cards and gifts using the papers.
Snooooooooze

2 comments:

Sue said...

LOVE the family plays together LO the stitching is gorgeous definitely GO YOU xxx

Liz's creative corner said...

Wow these are brill, your cards are fab, great colouring and so cute image,love your lay outs, hugs Liz xx