Thursday, October 21, 2010

All quiet on the Upminster front

and that is the way it may stay for a while. I'll try not to bleat on to much about my MA course this term except to say it is a research project that teaches you how to do research projects that still needs proper ethical clearing, actual research and 6000 words by... 2oth December. Not great. The course is good, the teacher really lovely and my fellow students fab plus it does help prepare the way for the Dissertation (eeek) BUT it is a lot to fit in a short time that is already crowded. So I'm expecting not to make Christmas cards this year (sob) and have to make some other tough decisions too. And once this is done work has to begin in earnest for the Dissertation.

I have done a little crafting - I can't not do any. I have managed a Daring card for tomorrow having blown out last week (not well again. Fine now) And made two other cards as well.
This one was for the wonderful Emma at Imagine That. Always the scariest card of the year to make - how do you make a nice card for someone who owns a cardmaking (and scrapbooking!) shop?
Everything is from Crate Paper Restoration apart from a Cuttlebug Embossing Folder; a Waltzing Mouse greeting and some pearls from Imagine That

I'll leave you to guess what the second card is for...
Papers are Dear Lizzy spring; Fiskars Border punch; papertrey ink stamps; black pen outlining and what you can't see so well is the ooooodles of glamour dust sprinkled over everything!

Talking of Fiskars I was thrilled to get a mention here today. Thanks Caroline and Jayne!

2 comments:

Jules said...

Hi Lythan

Two beautiful cards .. .. both completely different. Of course I love the second one the most because of all those gorgeous hearts LOL!!

Love Jules xx

Chris said...

Hi Lythan! Long time no visit and it's been a lovely catch up. Sounds like you have a really busy time ahead, good luck with your studies. Your cards are gorgeous, I'm sure Emma loved hers, how could she not :) and the baby card is very cute. All the best to Hywel at Uni, I'm sure he's having a great time! My eldest is in his second year at Kingston, close enough to travel daily, it must be hard when he's far away but thank goodness for FB and MSN :). Take care, Chris x