Monday, October 11, 2010

Feeling flat

I've nearly run out of birthday cards. Shock fact. Which means I need to start making some quickly. Also because of the changes in postal stamp charges and card thickness (boo hiss) I am trying to make cards that are more flat so I don't have to spend so much on postage. I thought I might be helped by a new Waltzing Mouse stamp set that was released last week and it arrived this morning so I've had a play (How kind of it to arrive on my day off)
This first card also uses Basic Grey Lime Rickey paper and Scenic Route stamps. I shall be making quite a lot like this I think.
Then I got overconfident and decided to do a background direct to the card blank. Epic fail which meant I need to change things around a little
The flowers are another WM set. The cardstock behind the stamped square is from American Crafts and an almost exact match to the Memento Grape ink. Honest.
I haven't shown a photo of the piece of art I made at imagine that recently. (ooh a fortnight ago. Doesn't time fly) It was a long morning class and perfect for me as it was the morning after H had gone to Uni and I needed to be out of the house. here is my version
based on all sorts of different techniques. I had to buy the stamp set with the birds on. I have been trying not to buy it for months so missing Hywel seemed like a good excuse to indulge...
This card uses the same ideaalso Basic grey papers and Imagine That Write Big stamps

this uses another of the Paperartsy stamps and a Personal Impressions and a Waltzing Mouse one. Phew that is a lot of stamping!
Which may be the answer for flat cards I guess...

2 comments:

Rika said...

Beautiful cards Lythan!

Traceyr said...

A wonderful selection of cards their Lythan and a good start to restocking your supply. :)