Friday, February 11, 2011

Say it isn't so

that a whole week has gone by again...
Most of my crafting time has been taken up with making wedding invites (which I am not going to show until they have arrived with people so that could be months) or more of the canvasses as Christmas presents (this time in more neutral colours). I had to give up on one because it was a plain disaster but as I buy packs of 4 I now have three unpainted canvasses staring at me. I'm wondering if I can bear making some more as mother's day presents...

Legally Blonde was fabulous. Better than I expected. Very funny. Catchy songs and clever choreography. Denise Van Outen was not on (a friday night too!) and the lead has just changed but it was no matter - the cast were all great and I have a soft spot for Emmett. And HOW can they sing and skip flawlessly at the same time for ages? I am in awe. Sigh. I do love being able to go to the theatre with my best girl. Oh and we had pretty good seats too. I thought they were at the side but they were right in the middle of the aisle so the view was great.

Onto Daring Cardmakers for this week
OK so that's not it. But I am giving my DCM card to Phil for Valentines and my blog posts to Facebook and uses the first photo so I'm using a card I made for someone else. At Card Club on Saturday Helen had brought along this fab Sizzix die and I wanted a go. But I forgot to take my Distress Inks and Sizzix dies always look better with some definition so I couldn't make him up til I got home. This must be the most layered kids card ever!

Details: Card from Anitas; Papers: Daisy D; Dies: Sizzix and Nestabilities; Distress Ink : Brushed Corduroy; Tools: White pen; pinking wheel; brown pen

Now Phil, stop reading here...
This week on Daring Cardmakers we had a fabulous treat - a sponsor!
The Ribbon Reel sent each of us a mouthwatering array of ribbons, trims, pins, buttons and twines. And there is a gorgeous prize on offer for someone to win too if you play along with us. Nat set the challenge of
Two items of ribbon/trim/twine
One or more buttons
At least one heart element

Here is my take on it
Details: Papers: Jenni Bowlin; doily: Imagine That; Buttons: chipboard Jenni Bowlin; real Paper and String; Glimmer mist (on doily) gold and toffee apple; Dies: Sizzix and Nestability; embossing folder Cuttlebug; letters:Cosmo Cricket; foil and double sided sticky sheets - Stix 2; Distress ink: Brushed Corduroy

Why not have a go? The rules are simple
1. Make your card using the recipe above and add it to your blog
2. Add links to both The Ribbon Reel and The Daring Cardmakers
3. Enter your card for no more than FIVE challenges (including this one)

I'm hoping to have a proper crafty day off this Monday - well until Guides Youth Praise and Movie Night. We have lively praise services on the nights that our uniformed organisations meet and they are popular with the kids and their families - we have three in 7 days this time as we try and fit the girls around Thinking Day. But if I can get motivated hopefully there will be more than one blog post this coming week.

5 comments:

Lynda said...

I wondered what was happening when that cute little horse appeared! Both cards are absolutely gorgeous Lythan.

Love Lynda xxx

Kathy said...

hehehe that first card is so cute, Lythan - you confused me for a minute there though!

I love them both- Phil's card is just fabulous - there's some of that background paper in the new Crafty Goodies kit btw!

Rika said...

Both cards are beautiful Lythan!

Natty said...

Glad you had a fab time at Legally Blonde! :) Hadn't realised they'd had a cast change, but it sounds like it was fab show.

Love both cards - especially the doily!

Natty said...

Glad you had a fab time at Legally Blonde! :) Hadn't realised they'd had a cast change, but it sounds like it was fab show.

Love both cards - especially the doily!