Thursday, March 31, 2011

Hither and thither

I feel like I have spent the last week in the car going from pillar to post, what with people to visit and sons who miss the bus/lose a lens from their glasses/miss the train to Uni (not his fault but it means his dad has another road trip tomorrow) and meetings to attend. Ah well, life's like that sometimes. I've actually had a week of (whisper it) no evening meetings and I can't remember one like that which wasn't holiday before so I have had a chance to catch my breath.

But there have been a lot of things on my mind which is why this week's Salt challenge was perfect for me. The theme is "Worry" and the key verse to think about is Matthew 6:34. Eugene Peterson has interpreted it so well in the Message as you can see from the text on the right of my photo
My computer was going bonkers when I was doing this. It keeps double clicking when I single click or something and I would write all of this out in Picasa and then it would disappear. Doing it 5 times was a real test. Maybe because I need to learn this verse off by heart and really, really make it part of my life.

Here is the layout that frames the photo
Details: White bazzil cardstock; Peeled Paint Distress Stain (lovely!); MME Stella and Rose Hazel 6x6 paper pad (even more lovely); MME Girly stamps (the doilies - best stamps ever!); Memento inks; Martha Stewart butterfly punch; Nikki Sivils brown button. Papermania chipboard letters; Other buttons and flower from stash. Everything up to and including the punch is available from the wonderful Imagine That

Here is my rejected Pencil Lines submission. Sob! Still it was rather over ambitious and I do like the layout anyway which is the main thing
It actually looks better in real life - I just couldn't get the white colour balance sorted. This is us with the Ginger Group youth team in our current sitting room which now looks very different. I used a bubble wrap stamp and loads of old Basic Grey papers and chipboard along with an American Crafts rosette, some glass beads; gaffer tape, a WRMK brad thingy and various different letters.

Almost time to go out to Carys' Gifted and Talented Open Evening. Wish I wasn't going as a) it was Parents Evening last week and b) we are supposed to be talking to our kids using someone's paradigm thingy that I don't even understand. And maybe tomorrow I will have time to think about my Sunday services... No rest for the wicked

2 comments:

artfulstampin said...

Love your layout Lythan, like the paint effect as background. May you find great wisdom in the verses you meditated on. Love the pencil lines layout too... sometimes the Lord has other plans ;)

Kim said...

Love the photo with the text overlay and the layout is beautiful!!