Wednesday, May 25, 2011

I like little things

Maybe it is because I am small.
Phil finds it a hoot. He knows I will always choose the biscuits and cakes that are little - not because they are less fattening but they are small. Tiny sandwiches - yum. Sushi - so cute. Mini tomatoes, babybels, baby corn, baby leeks - put teeny, tiny, baby or bite size in the name and I'll eat it. LOTS of it. Just make it small.

I think life is somethimes better in bite size too. Often I get overwhelmed by complexity and huge problems in the lives of people at church that I care about or 6 million things that I said yes too when only 2.5 million really needed to be done by me and then I want to run outside and go "aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah". Often I just turn a bit snarky with the family (sorry family). But if I were to pick out the bite size pieces - Stop and pray. Do that little job. Phone someone. Say no. then maybe it would feel better. Small steps. Got to love them.

I've been making small cards this week. This may be because I ordered some new cards for the Church card club (Romford URC 2-5 every first Saturday of the month, come and join us) and fluffed the order and bought the wrong size so swapped some of my cards so that there is a variety of sizes so now have some small cards to use (and breeeeeeathe. Sorry about the long sentence!) but actually I have remembered I quite like them.

Here are some of them All made with MME Fine and Dandy Collection and Craft Creation linen effect (small) cards. They are all 10x10 cm
My fave. The owl was on the paper and comes in yellow and blue so I also made a matching turquoise version. I have many owls left. I may make more.
Also used: Nestability Dies; Stamping Up punch; Sharpie pen; teeny button from stash

Also used: Nestability Dies; Imagine That All Boxed In stamps; Papertrey Ink Bitty Baby Blessings; Sharpie pen; Ranger Enamel Accents

Yup, slightly squiffy though less so in real life. I also hold a camera at a squiffy angle and sometimes it is hard to process that out completely!
Also used: Nestability Dies; personal Impressions Punchable Labels stamps; Martha Stewart and EK Success Punches; Sharpie pen.

Also used: Nestability Dies; Papertrey Ink Bitty Baby Blessings; Sharpie pen.

I am pleased though that my biggest thing - number 1 son is home for a long while. Though I am hoping he soon moves his suitcase from the hall. Just saying.

4 comments:

MagsB said...

You are so inspirational - and not just the cards, though they are wonderful!!! Thank you!!!

luv, Mags x

Sue said...

pleased to hear the family are all together lovely

I am LOVING the small cards too

SueH said...

Oh what a shame you managed to get the wrong sized cards.
Still, it didn’t seem to matter that much because your cards are a fabulous as ever and that little owl is so cute.

Sue
X

Kathy said...

You're right about the small steps. When my head is so full of all the things I have to do that I don't know where to begin - the only thing to do is to make a list, then tick them off one by one.

Your little cards are just adorable - and don't they look so swish and coordinated all together like that!