Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Just as well this is not a webcam...

I've just finished Couch to 5k week 1 and am really rather red! This is yet another autumn attempt to keep fit and it is early days but so far so good. I decided I would rather like to run - inspired by all the women detectives in US novels who always feel so refreshed by runs - but more so by the awesome success of my lovely friend Ruth who started  in the new year and is now super fit. I'm using the NHS version with podcasts that tell you when to run and when to walk. I am still mostly walking (well wobbling) but will go up to the next gear on Friday.
will this last longer than last years get fit attempt? Who knows?

I thought I would show a few recent layouts. This one is based on a layout by Finnabair and really doesn't compare but I love her style and thought I would have a go

 to be honest a lot went wrong...
the stamping was rubbish. my sewing machine wouldn't play (perhaps because the paper was still a little damp from the glimmer mists). I decided to leave the loose ends on my journalling lines to show how we were unhappy that 2 important people were missing from the wedding. yes, my scrapbooking is DEEP). Still it kinda worked and I used a stamp I bought years ago and never used (the ruler one)
Details: Papers: Glitz Design; Stamps: ruler (unknown) and MME; stickers: Websters Pages; Glimmer Mists; Papertrey Ink number dies; black soot distress ink

 This page was really quick to do. I had been showing the gorgeous Sue Hyde how to use Distress Stains so used the turquoise piece of Pink Paislee paper as one of the layers. Most of the rest was cut out of MME papers with lots of glitter on.
Details: Papers: MME, Pink Paislee  and Prima; Diecut word Papertrey Ink; seam binding from the ribbon girl; Distress Stain

and a rather bright one using up scraps. I added some paint splodges and some buttons as pretend Mand Ms. Peanut butter ones are to die for by the way but at £1.99 a bag will have to be a rare treat
Details: Papers: Echo Park (I think); Dies: Spellbinders; Letter stickers: MLS; buttons: donated by my mum and therefore vintage

I am off out to a Bible Study tonight. I love Bible Study especially the lightbulb "ooooh I see" moments that people get sometimes. Here's hoping there is one tonight! And I stop talking. I talk too much. Instead of letting people have time to pause and think I just go on and on and on and on and....

No comments: