Friday, March 16, 2012

This week is mostly going swimmingly

Every now and then my body decides it has had enough and needs a holiday and I have a system crash. Normally after 48 hours rest I am beginning to feel fine again. I'm on Day 4 now and my head is still swimming which means I can't stay at the computer (or upright) for that long. I've had to cancel just about everything this week - even missing Carys in the Gaynes Factor last night. I actually felt better then than I do now and was able to do her hair and makeup and take some photos at home.

Phil took the camera for some action shots. He said she was fabulous and she loved it, even though she wasn't placed.

I think she looks a bit like Adele here
And apparently in this one a bit like Janet Devlin.
I still wish I had hair like that. Serious envy here!

Onto my Daring Cardmakers Card this week. The theme is "Lucky green". Mine is very green with a kind of a four leaf clover for the luck!
I used Basic Grey Origins papers and chipboard; Fancy Pants ribbon; Imagine That stamps; Petaloo Flower centre and EK Success and Martha Stewart punches; Tim Holtz tiny attacher staples.

Some arty close ups

And I'm going for another lay down!

7 comments:

Gez Butterworth said...

Beautiful card Lythan.

I hope you soon feel better. Sending gently hugs, Gez.

Rika said...

Gorgeous card Lythan!

MagsB said...

Oh dear, I do hope you feel better soon!

What a beautiful card - I love those papers so much! Great job!

love Mags B x

Hanne said...

Such a beautiful card!
Hanne

Samm said...

Gorgeous card Lythan! Nice and sparkly!
Carys looks great, she definitely looks like Janet Devlin there!
Hope you feel better soon x

Sharon (glitterangel) said...

What a beautiful card, and a beautiful daughter! Hope you're better soon, hugs Sharon x

Sharon (glitterangel) said...

What a beautiful card, and a beautiful daughter! Hope you're better soon, hugs Sharon x