Friday, July 20, 2012

My new timetable

Moving to new churches means working out what you do, when. This week I arranged meetings in Church A when there was something to attend in Church B and vice versa. We still have to work out the puzzle of the Elders Meetings on the same night (not my fault they both moved them without consultation with each other!). But it will all work out in the wash. And on Friday at Babbacombe I have to be out at a 9:30 prayer meeting followed by a coffee morning. Coffee mornings are a great place to catch up with everyone so it is a must really. But that means either I have to be super organised on Thursday and have a blog post ready for when DCM launches (unlikely) or find time afterwards to do the post. Sometimes I have still been making my card at 9:30 so that will have to change as well.

9:30 at Babbacombe is fine as I live across the road from the church, I'll be attempting to go to Brixham for 10 on Tuesday which will be interesting as it can take 40 minutes to get there. Slightly less if you don't get lost (I have discovered that Brixham is rather unforgiving if you lose concentration and take a wrong turning). This is the fun of a new posting and everyone is very understanding!

So onto cards wot I have made this week
Zuzana chose the Daring Cardmakers dare this week - Fun with Pictograms
I knew straightaway that I had to find some old American Crafts papers that I had and it was fingers crossed that I hadn't tossed them
Result!
I had bought two bargain scrap paper packs from T K Maxx and was so disappointed to find it was flimsy paper rather than the usual lovely heavyweight American Crafts. So most of it has been recycled. Fortunately I hadn't been able to let go of this light and bright set so the pictograms were still there. I don't like this card though. I wish that I had gone for something more clean and simple. Ah well.
I used 4 papers from the pack and one of the stickers. I also added glitter ribbon and stamps from Imagine That, some Doodlebug embossed black paper, Nestabilities and some Enamel Accents.

This weekend it is my parents Golden Wedding - which will probably feature in future posts. Here is the card I have made. Parents, look away now!
It is VERY sparkly. This is helped by the MME glitter embossed paper - I managed to die cut the numbers from another of those golden swirls, but also from liberal use of golden glitter dust. I used my new paper chain die (there are only 4 in a row but I am quite proud of the fact that you can't see the join. Little things please little minds). The sentiment is one of the new Imagine That stamps

And finally a just because I have some time to create card. This uses a 6 x6 MME paper pack, lots of different dies and some fussy cutting. I wondered why it took so long but there are 7 laters, not including the sentiment. But it is flat enough to post!

I don't think I have mentioned my MA results on the blog. My dissertation arrived through the post this week and looks most posh (I had it bound in green with gold writing!). I received a 67 for the dissertation which means that I have a Merit award in total. My first year I scraped through and did wonder if this was all for me but I am glad I persisted. It still feels strange not to have to work towards it, that 5 years of study are finally over (and no more cinema and clothes shops reductions any more!) but that is it! I'll be swanking around in cap and gown for my graduation in October.




4 comments:

SueH said...

So you may have changed your location Lythan but you’re still rushing around as always……mind you, I guess it will be a bit like that until you get your footing and find out where everything is located.

Congratulations on your MA results, you must be thrilled after all the hard work you put into it. Hadn’t realised it was five years you had been working on it though. All I can say is the merit is well deserved.

It looks like you need to adjust your column widths on here so your text doesn’t cover your photo hun.
Just go into design, templates, customize, then adjust column widths and slide the Right bar over a bit…that should fix it.

Oh, and I ment to say Beautiful Cards!

Sue
x

Natty said...

I love that we were in the same mental boat this week! I went rushing for the AC travel papers too, alas didn't have those ones in my stash but it's nice to know we have good taste. ;)

Love that golden wedding card too - are the numbers from PTI dies? If so I am most envious!

Kath said...

Lovely cards and Many Congratulations on your MA. You worked hard for a long time for that and should be proud of yourself for doing so well.

Sharon (glitterangel) said...

I love those papers, and all three cards are fabulous. Huge congrats on your MA, you must be so pleased after all your hard work x