Wednesday, August 01, 2012

Life in the slow lane?

Maybe people think that life is slower paced in the West Country because when they come here they are on holiday.
And certainly some of the time it still feels like I am on holiday.
But actually the last few weeks have been filled with lots of work and it all seems to whizz by. This is the first time since Friday I have had a chance to blog my card for DCM.
Don't feel too sorry for me though. After all 3 minutes from the house is this
It is called Babbacombe Downs and has a wonderfully 1950's feel to it. And of course a fabulous sea view.

And I've been busy with events as well. My parents Golden Wedding was brilliant. No photos as yet as Phil is editing them in order to make a photo book as part of their present. And the weekend after was Induction time. I made the mistake of asking Phil if mine could be on the Saturday. Which meant I took part in my service, led worship Sunday morning and preached at Phil's Induction on Saturday afternoon. Monday I was tired.

I had lots of lovely friends come to help me be Inducted. Anne (on the left) writes wonderful prayers and led the Intercessions; the Moderator (the man at the back!) David, led the whole service in a very thoughtful and moving way; and the "twins" (she says safe in the knowledge that they are hundreds of miles away and can't hit me), Ruth and Rachel preached the sermon together. Good times.

Which brings me back to my Daring card
Kathy decided to challenge us with "the house that Jack built" 
 which meant that I could make a little house. I like making little houses
I hand cut all the elements and pieced them together. The tag at the top was cut from one of the papers but had some other words in the middle which I covered over and used my Imagine That Block it out stamps to create a new message. All the papers are MME from a recent 6x6 pad.

I have made another layout since I last posted but that is it and I am just too tired to go all the way upstairs to photograph it. Don't feel too sorry for me though - every time I do I remember that I live next to this!
(rainbow optional)
and just wait until I take my camera to Brixham where my other church is located!

1 comment:

Victoria said...

I hope you've had chance to recover a bit from your busy weekend. It's a great 'house that Jack built' card. I love all the scraps of patterned paper used like this.