Friday, October 26, 2012

Its a twister, its a twister!

It is blowing a gale outside. We have a very pretty windchime (plays proper notes) and it is going off like anything right now. It doesn't feel like Kansas any more...

Just as well I get to stay in for most of the rest of today then. Apart from the search for a Boots Opticians later on. Long story that involves several texts to Carys. "Get on the bus" "No don't get on the bus" "Yes do". None of which she has responded to yet...

I'm going to warm myself up by the power of candle light, thanks to Kathy's dare for this weeks Daring Cardmakers challenge - Let there be light. It ends our 6th year of dares. Pretty good going eh?

It is another simplish card. It still takes just as long somehow! And I am still using that Echo Park Victoria Gardens pad. I've also used my Cheery Lynn intricate doily die with a new metal shim called a Cuttlehug which made cutting it a breeze (it wasn't before). The middle of the doily falls out and I was going to stick it back in but I liked the way it created an off centre frame for the little Quickutz candle so left it empty.  The sentiment is a Clearly Besotted stamp - they ink up beautifully. Also used a Dienamics Fishtail die and a Cuttlebug embossing folder

Somehow I have managed to carve out a little scrapping time - I think this is mostly due to the way I have spread out the wonderful Quirky Kit I have been given to play with. You can see more about what I have been up to here but here are the pages...



2 comments:

Sharon (glitterangel) said...

Gorgeous card Lythan, that doily in red looks lovely against the embossed white background x

Kathy said...

Funny how "simple" cards can take just as long as those with loads of stuff on them, isn't it? I love the candle in the off-centre frame - just makes for something a bit "different" - might have to try that out for some of my Cword cards....
Love the LOs - especially Carys's hat one