Friday, November 23, 2012

Waiting for the big freeze

Well actually for the big freezer and the big fridge.
Now we have a lockable back garage door we can have a chest freezer in the garage and a tall fridge in the kitchen. We are most excited (sign of middle age?). I am too cheap to spend £10 on a designated delivery time so the slot is 7am-7pm. Nothing yet.... It will be fabulous to be able to buy lots of frozen stuff again without worrying how we will fit it all in!

That does mean I have time to prepare my two services for Sunday and blog about Daring Cardmakers this week. I've had another full on week but did manage to make a total of 100 Christmas cards in the design from last week and will just make a few more different ones as I have stickers and papers left over.

It was my turn to choose the Dare this week so I also had to find time to squeeze in making another card. I went for "Twinkle, twinkle" asking for a star to feature on the card in some way. As I had made a card to send to one son last week I have made one for the other this week.

I can't get away from stars and circles and liquid pearls yet! I used Basic Grey papers and stickers - apart from the large star which is Echo Park. Also used an Imagine That stamp and a PTI word die. I love the way that the ink (Memento Bamboo Shoot I think) matches the paper - especially on the little green star. Yes little things... (The three gems next to "you" are from Sarahs Cards. You get oodles for £1 but have to add your own glue!)

The team have done me proud this week so do have a look at all their wonderful cards

It is the last Sunday before Advent this week. Which means that the lectionary - the set readings for the year - will move from Year B focussing on the Gospel of Mark, to year C - Luke's turn. It is sometimes the last "normal" Sunday before Christmas, depending on how long you can focus on truly Advent themes before getting stuck in to Christmas. I have my first carol service next Friday...
The other service I need to prepare is more informal as it celebrates 4 years since one of my churches moved home from a building no longer fit for purpose to one that was then not fit for anything. It had been the central Post Office for Brixham, and then a funeral directors, complete with chapels of rest, and then a shell that is becoming a multi purpose space. The members have come a long way with many struggles over the years so we are having a real celebration as well as looking forward to the future!





1 comment:

Sharon (glitterangel) said...

Fantastic card Lythan, I love the design, especially those lovely liquid pearls. Have fun filling that freezer!