Wednesday, January 30, 2013

And life goes on

it is the beginning of February the day after tomorrow. We are 1/12 of the way through the year already. Today I was at a meeting which was starting to plan for work from Sept 2013-August 2014. I already have two weddings booked in for 2014. And realise that if I am going to have a sabbatical that year I had better start deciding on dates now. I was looking to see when the flower festival might be as well (important stuff you know) as well as juggling other things like Carys and my birthday celebrations and realising she will be 18 then.
And life goes on.
But still that is aaaaaages away.
Yet only a heartbeat.
I think photos of my three when they were little become even more treasured now as they are not sweet smelling bundles of joy that sit on my lap and give me kisses (ok Carys still does that and they are all still bundles of joy. We'll say no more about whether they are sweet smelling). And actually it won't be THAT  long (she hopes) before the next generation arrives.

OK before I start wailing about how my liiiiife is neaaaaarly ooooooover, how about showing what I have been creating recently?

the layouts are all  based on sketches.
One from Creative Scrappers #245
I used a Studio Calico template and various sprays. I also used a Heidi Swapp mask and some white paint. I also included a few strips of Crate Paper Random; a Hambly transparency; American Crafts thickers and Studio Calico chipboard hearts. Oooh and Lily Bee/Crate Paper stickers. And lots of black pen.

Secondly Sketchbook 365 Challenge - which included multiple photos - eek!
You can see the dimension thanks to the fact the actual sun cast shadows. 
I made the background as muddy as the walk! Including a woodgrain stencil and a Kaisercraft stamp.
All the papers and stickers are from Basic Grey Clippings apart from the little bird and kite cut from a MME 6x6 pad. The letters are Amy Tan "thoughts" and very, very old something "foxed". And buttons from stash threaded with twine.
Phil thinks the blurb is really hard to read so here is it in close up

Here are the fussy cut details which you have to admire as they took ages to do





and finally one based on Creative Scrappers #244

Papers are from all sorts of places. Some are October Afternoon. The background paper is Heidi Swapp coloured with Distress Ink. I added stars cut using a MFT die - and used another for the journalling block. My favourite part is the title - I die cut letters in black funky foam and then smooshed lots of silver Stickles over the top.
And that's all there is right now!

6 comments:

SueH said...

I’ve been so bad at keeping up with all you’re doing recently Lythan, but it goes without saying that it’s all been absolutely amazing.
I’m loving your new art journal. It’s definitely a natural progression for you, given all the paints, mats and sprays you use now. I’m loving it all.

Happy Crafting!
Sue.
x x x

Paula said...

Love the 'muddy walk' effect on your paper and the fussy cutting. Thank you for taking part:)

Riikka Kovasin said...

Wonderful layouts! Love your style!

Scrap Your Story said...

These are just downright STUNNING!!!! :) :) :) If you have a chance check out the new scrapbooking blog starting up. Your layouts would be a great fit for the coming challenges and you might enjoy the inspiration!! :) :) ScrapYourStory.blogspot.com :) :) :)

Ifa said...

I don't know why you said eek to the sketch365 because your layout is AMAZING! I love it.

Morag Cutts said...

Fabulous use if the sketch! You really rocked the layout! TFS