Saturday, March 09, 2013

Daring to be different aka the post where I go parentheses crazy

AKA I haven't posted any of my Daring cards here for THREE WEEKS. Oh the shame. Lets just say lovely as it was being away and seeing my gorgeous boys for a few days, sadly no little work fairy (or should I say angel?) did everything that was needed to be done whilst I was away and I have been thrown back into a demanding time.
However before you get the violin out, some of my work time this week was with 2 real angels who have been sent by God to keep me going. Yup, even angels go to Travelodges. (And they give the best presents ever, thanks both, they are things I will always treasure) (to everyone else, sorry for the obscure bit but I wanted to be public in my thanks but private in the rest)
Even Travelodges in Derby.
(And I am STILL not used to travelling for 2 hours and still only being in Bristol, which I thought was South West before)
I also had the pleasure of watching Milton Jones live last night. Oh he is side splittingly funny. And is never crude (don't mind a bit of crude but always v. impressed if a comedian can be funny without it) But apart from that it has really been work o'clock most of the time.

Anyhoo - cards!
So this was the last dare of February - Hot Chocolate
This card was fiendish to make. I know it looks simple enough

but first, I made the card base too big for the embossing. And had to trim it down. And the whole cut words out of one sheet of paper and then replace them with the words cut from another piece and then back them with a third as you can't read it right, what with the pattern thing? Just don't mention that "Happy" is wonky ok? Then those lovely chocolate liquid pearls actually melted into the scallops because there were holes in the scallop die cut. Sigh.
The papers are Crate Paper Random; Basic Grey (very old); PTI cardbase. The word dies were bought from Joanna Sheen; Prima gems; Ranger liquid pearls; paper flowers from stash

Next! March began last week with a new colour challenge
which meant that we had key lime pie for tea last Saturday!
and I created a pie inspired card...
I used the other half of the Letter sized piece of Kraft cardstock from last weeks card, this time folded at the top not the side.
I used the same papers as last week too (ok they were still on my desk as I was too lazy to put them away) and also a Crate Sticker and some old Bazzill. I managed to use 3 embossing folders as well - all from different companies! (Sizzix; Spellbinder and Cuttlebug); more Prima gems, some Spellbinder circle dies and a PTI stamp.

And finally... my card from this week when the dare was Typography
Mother (and Mother in Law) look away now. Yes, the fact that I made 2 cards like this may seem ironic but they are the best to their children. And a close second to their children in law. It is a split decision with their grandchildren...
White paper card base; Echo Park yellow paper; Spellbinder die cut on white card; word dies are PTI (the ever was trimmed from "forever"); Sizzix; Memory Box and Dienamics alphabets; and "the" is cut from a Spellbinder Donna Salazar word thing. It did say "them" to start with! Also Memory Box stars and a little bit of Liquid Pearl (daffodil) and Stickles (ocean I think) action. The white die cut piece has the thinnest foam pads in the world underneath just to give a little something to the card but still get it through the post.

And that's all folks!

1 comment:

Sharon (glitterangel) said...

Glad you managed to catch up with yourself Lythan! All your cards are gorgeous and I really love the cheerful colours on your typography card x