Sunday, July 07, 2013

A little more Florence

I will upload my Quirky Kits Florence pages in a little while but here are two that I have done using other bits and bobs.
The first goes with the Sketch365 challenge for July
as you can see here
I used mostly Crate Paper the Pier for this although the background paper is Simple Stories.
I have some of the lovely Washi strips which I used, as well as the ephemera pack which the blue doiles and the "9" come from. There seemed to be every number but 4 so I cut that out using a PTI die. Lots of Black Soot distress ink stopped the colours being too airy fairy for a layout featuring a man - although the colours go so well with the chairs in the restaurant.
I die cut part of the title onto the photo frame but managed to get it squiffy (sigh) as I do... Still it made it easier to fit the rest of the title in as well!

It was all finished off with some stick on gems and pearls as well as a few of my home made ones. I'm getting to the bottom of the little box of DIY Enamel Dots so will have to make some more soon.

Phil features in the next layout as well... (not surprisingly as the holiday was just the two of us...)

 He did make me smile being weighed down like that, but he carried a load of my stuff so I don't complain!
The papers are almost all from a BoBunny collection. I added some extra stamping to the already busy background and cut up, inked and relayered another paper on top (I prefer doing this to pre printed patterns like that to give extra dimension). I found an old Pink Paislee packet of bits and bobs which is where the suitcase, compass and pennants come from. The stickers are mostly BoBunny with a few others thrown in. Everything was outlined with my lovely Zebra Antique Gel pen that has been discontinued. I do love a dark brown pen.
Phil is standing outside our hotel. Across the road was the Ponte Vecchio, the only old bridge left in Florence. We couldn't really have been much closer to the centre and having to walk across the bridge several times a day was always a delight!




No comments: