Friday, July 05, 2013

Untitled

I've called this blog post "untitled" as I am hoping that inspiration strikes at a later date. However I am feeling very worn down and brain dead right now and suspect that untitled it may stay!

I did manage to avoid the faux pas of not noticing it was my turn to host the Daring Cardmaker monthly colour challenge this time round.
But only just!
 I found a fabulous colour palette at Design Seeds


and this is my take on it
The papers are mostly Fancy Pants "on the shore". I was also inspired by the photo to add a Tim Holtz woodgrain embossing folder to the off white cardstock and go voer it with Pumice stone distress ink and add the thread as well. The die cut "happy" is covered in glossy accents but you can't really see it in the photo. Oh and the white chicken wire is a Clearly Besotted stamp and white embossing powder. I also used a Martha Stewart butterfly puch and three enamel dots.

No - no progress on the title. Saving my energy for Sunday when we have 3 baptisms and lots of people in church. I've reminded everyone who normally attends that having a full church is good! Sometimes that is hard to remember, especially if it removes you from your comfort zone (aka usual seat and view of the front). Just hope it isn't too warm

1 comment:

Sharon (glitterangel) said...

Well you not only picked a lovely summery colour palette but you brought on summer! Love your card, and that woodgrain background works so well x