Friday, August 02, 2013

And another week flies by!

Busy week work wise  - quite demanding in lots of ways. I just managed to squeak in a tiny bit of crafting. It probably felt a lot harder this week in that I worked on Monday to save a day off to spend more time with friends and family in the next few weeks. (I say a day off but I seem to be adding in work bits already. Hmmmm)

Anyway it is August. (Eeeek!) so it is colour combo week for Daring Cardmakers. Svenja came up with a delicious picture (I think she made juice with the fruits later on!) to whet our appetites

I started looking around for suitable coloured bits and bobs and suddenly found that everything I needed was in the scraps left from the last Quirky Kit and Lite kit!
I used some of the Studio Calico stickers, along with a Martha Stewart leaf punch and some Nestie dies. I dry embossed the card base. It went a bit wrong in that the folded card wouldn't go all the way through the Cuttlebug. But I think I got away with it (almost!). The lovely Studio Calico Sundrifter vellum had an ombre effect and I was dead chuffed that I still had the yellow part left. It is stuck on behind the circle and paper strips.  A few sticky gems and I am done.
BUT
although I like cards with "hello" on - they are visually engaging which maybe why the phrase is popular on card blogs - who do I send it to? Maybe I will add a birthday greeting inside on on the front somewhere before I send it!

No comments: