Monday, October 14, 2013

Party on dudes

Yes, the Daring Cardmaker birthday party month is still going on :)
And once more I am late to the party. Actually not in terms of my card this week - just the blog post.
So what have I been doing since 10am Friday when I should have launched it?

A prayer meeting; chatting to people at a coffee morning; meeting about a new Lease; Messy Church (someone has given the MC some beautiful Lakeland glitter that it was very tempting just to take home! I managed to resist and was rewarded by the creation of most beautiful glittery spiders webs (the theme was that we need not be afraid when God is with us so we made lots of spooky things) using acetate, a picture of a simple spiders web to trace, PVA glue and glitter. It was a real success); sharing in a Festival of the Harvest opening worship service; spending a day at Synod   (a regional meeting - ours is in Bridgwater about an hour away) and leading worship. I just did a few admin things on Sunday and then had a long nap in the afternoon.

It is quite fun to reflect on all the varied things my job involves - many of which you have to learn as you go along!

Its no excuse really though. You'd think after 7 years I would be able to make blogging more routine!
Anyway back to the Daring Cardmaker challenge for this week
and it is well worth having a go this week as we have two prizes on offer, from Tea House Bridge and Crafty Templates. See our blog for more details.

My card features two of my favourite colours - teal and red. The acetate cake has been in my drawer for ages and I decided to use it so trawled through my paper to find matching (ish) colours and patterns. As it turns out all the papers used are My Minds Eye but from collections years apart. Tea House Bridge sent the Design Team some goodies so I picked out all the buttons and flowers that matched. I added pennants at the top using a Spellbinders die and trimmed them with stick on pearls. The sentiment at the bottom is a Clearly Besotted stamp - love that graphic style!

On an unrelated crafting note I don't think I have shared one of my Florence layouts with you. 
Warning - graphic content of a historical nature!
 Do not look if easily offended by naked statues.
Male ones.


 Don't say I didn't warn you
I had loads of fun with this - and not just because the subject matter made me giggle! I used lots of old stash for this - Basic Grey paper and chipboard that is 5 years old. Daisy D's rubons that are probably even older; alongside Papermania brads and some Pink Paislee inkable cardstock.

And as for the subject matter?

1 comment:

Claire Grantham said...

I love your card! It's stunning and the buttons are amazing. Love the colours too. Cx