Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Pop the kettle on

it's time for tea.
If you come to our house be advised that the best tea is made by Phil and not me.
It is a well known fact.
He gets fed up every now and then of being chief tea lady and so I get a turn.
And then he remembers why he makes the tea.
He thinks I do it deliberately but I try really hard to make him a lovely cuppa.

All of which is to explain why I had to choose tea as the answer to "What's your tipple?", the question asked by Kathy on Daring Cardmakers last Friday.
Pedants may notice that it is a mug and not a cup, but cups are just not big enough in my opinion.
Plus I had only had a mug die anyway.

I used just one paper pad on this card - Crate Paper DIY Shop which is this fabulous eclectic mix of papers.
But I made up for that with lots of dies from different companies.
QK mug
Cuttlebug stamp die
Spellbinders square die
PTI word "you"
MFT fishtail die

All with Distress Ink round the edges.
The heart is a little punched one covered in red stickles. When it dried there was a bald patch which I covered with a gem!
"You" is all sparkly in real life as I used a Wink of Stella glitter pen on it and added glossy accents on top.

The reason why my Daring card is late this week is that I spent last week drinking lots of cups of tea (mugs really) with two angels. We talked and read proper books and wrote and walked. Best study week ever (apart from missing my family and bumping my head. I lay back on a bed forgetting that there was actually a wall behind me. I had a real eggy lump for the rest of the week. I was impressed). We stayed in a rather gorgeous cottage in a perfect little village called Hartington on the Staffordshire/Derbyshire border.




No comments: