Friday, June 19, 2015

Oooh blogging on a Friday

its a rare thing these days....
Maybe its because I made my card for this Friday last Friday? 
This Friday the theme is Bokeh style cards. Mine is a blatant case of Laura Bassen's amazing card.
I pinned it (also rare for me) and it is one of my lonely little pins which has been repinned. Laura's card isn't quite bokeh but I thought just a few more circles would do the trick.
 A photo doesn't do justice to this card. It is so pretty and sparkly and dimensional in real life. It is one of my top faves ever/ The circles were punched out of Bazzill cardstock and I painted them with Zig Kuretake paints, adding Wink of Stella over the top for extra shine
 I die cut the thank you several times, the top layer being glitter cardstock and stuck them all together. I mounted the panel on black card and a white card base.

I have been remiss in blogging my scrap pages. I have a new one up of the Quirky Kit blog which you can see here, but I have also being doing some just for fun. I don't think I will have finished layouts about last years holiday before going on this one but I am not going to cry about that!

This page was about being unimpressed by Hill Top
 It mostly uses scraps from the last Basic Grey Christmas papers and also some Crate Paper washi tape and ancient scroll stamps

I did one about our recent trip to Teignmouth using a Fancy Pants collection I have everything of and have hardly used - Trendsetter


There is a big mistake on this layout - we went in 2015. Doesn't time fly! I also used a blue pen to write with and really don't like it. Ah well

And finally
 Again this uses up lots of bits and bobs. I unified all the patterns by adding black lines to them all. It is time consuming but worth it.
The story is about the youth group we have started running and I hadn't had permissions to use their photos at the time of making it, so it is our ugly mugs again :)


2 comments:

Jo said...

brilliant bokeh card :) love the primary colours.

Miri said...

Your card looks great. it's really clever how you created the bokeh look. And your scrapbooking pages are beautiful, too.