Sunday, August 23, 2015

"We are family

My mum and dad are staying with me" 
as Sister Sledge didn't sing.
Also my son's partner is staying for the moment so we have had 8 adults in the house for a week.
Fortunately the hours that everyone is up at the same time are not as many as in "normal" households so we have been able to cope!

Mum and Dad came to celebrate Dad's birthday - cue a birthday meal at Prezzos for 8 on one day; crab sandwiches on Brixham harbour and pan fried fresh fish in the evening the next (Phil does an awesome job with fish!); finished off with the best carvery in the world from the Parkers Arms  (high praise from a vegetarian) on day three - it was more of a birth-weekend really!

His birthday is a week apart from number 1 son ... all of which led to my Daring Challenge this week and another cheesy 80's pop number Let's Here it for the Boy(s)
I went for an old classic from me - something bright with stars on!
I received a new set of Dienamics dies this week and used loads of them on this card along with Echo Park I love sunshine papers. The "birthday" die is from Clearly Besotted and the "Happy" stickers came from the Ruby Rockit goodies I was sent recently. The team have been fabulously inventive so do have a look at the blog.

Next week will be completely different as I am on study leave and am going to a retreat place with Phil where they look after Ministers really well....but there is no phone signal and no internet so I will be bereft! But it does me good... and just two people to cater for instead of 8. How will we manage?

 

2 comments:

Louise H said...

What a fantastic card - really inspiring

Pia S said...

Fun and colorful modern design! Looking great!!