Saturday, August 08, 2015

What not to call a blog post

My last blog title - "Its me age" has spawned more spam comments than any other I've posted! Mostly for things due to, yes, age. Well I am not having eye surgery or taking any more pills than I have to thank you very much :) 
Its been a tough week for me - and more so for the families of two dear people from one of my Churches. One died as the result of a tragic accident and the other quite suddenly after a long illness and both are very much missed by me and the community.One funeral has happened and there is one to come - times of sorrow in loss but also celebrations of lives well lived.

All of which hasn't really left any time (or inclination) to craft. But I did manage my Daring Card for this week - its another Elemental Inspiration one as yet another month has come round!
Here is the picture we were given as a challenge by Svenja.
Initially I panicked! But by the time I finished I had used more elements than I think I have ever done before for one of these cards - even though my card still looks pretty simple
I took the blue and red from the right hand wall and the red box; I used a due cut heart from woodgrain paper and another wooden element; I took the two cicles from the poster on the right hand wall; the wooden arrow represents all the other wood; the "with" sentiment was embossed to look a little like the drawers with words on. And finally near the red box on the photo are two streams of shiny things (probably coins) which reminded me of the sequins that were on my desk for some reason - so they were featured as well.
The papers are mostly Fancy Pants from different collections and the die cut is a Clearly Besotted shaker die - I cut around the outside.

This picture has created all sorts of different looks by the designers so do go and see  - and we have a fabulous guest at the moment as well - Carol Plume. Carol it is great to have you with us.


 

1 comment:

Dawn said...

Sorry to hear your sad news, big hugs. I really love your MasterCard symbol.