Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Catching up with layouts

Most of my layouts can be found on the Quirky Kits blog. I go through them in some detail there so will just give a few highlights here (lazy)


and then there is another 4 to share. I would divide them up but know I will never share them otherwise.
This one is almost all from an old Crate Paper collection  - ON Trend that I love so much I have guarded it all so decided to just go for it and use loads of it all at once. So I used my favourite paper as the background ones and toning other ones for the top and bottom of the page. I covered a chipboard frame with some gold acrylic paint and layered up stickers from the kit as well to create my focal point.
 
I added in stickes and sequins and stickers as well as covering a chipboard C with loads of glitter
 

This page started with the Crate Paper Shine transparency paper. Isn't it fabulous? I then pulled out toning papers from my stash - some of them are from the Basic Grey Barista 6x6 pad. I inked all the edges with Vintage Photo distress ink. I then went through my embellishments - especially my Quirky Kit leftovers and the title (which I painted with gold mist) the stickers, wood sequins and ribbon come from there.




I love this page although it is very simple. I wanted a title page for my holiday album. This was the view from our holiday home window - the best we have ever had. I used my new loves - my iridescent Pebeo acrylic paints. I used a few colours with a stencil. Its only a 6x6 stencil so I am very pleased with how it worked moving it around.
Trying to get a good photo of the shimmer...

I added lots of Prima sparkly gems. The lollipops were the perfect colour and help to hide some ugly red gas bottles in the photo :)
And finally....
for some reason I took a photo of this angled layout at an angle....
I used a sketch but can't remember where from (its my age)
The papers are a combination of Studio Calico and Amy Tangerine

The white cardstock square is laid on the green patterned paper using foam pads for dimension
Many of the embellishments are from the Poolside die cut pack (from Quirky Kits). The stars and wooden shapes are also from old QKs.
And I used your actual real brads as well! (And some cute resin flowers that I have hoarded).

Phew! That was quite a catch up.
I have some scheduled posts on the Quirky Kits blog and I have now made 8 layouts with the latest set of kits and think I can manage one more before running out of paper. But I still have oodles of embellishments left which is a joy - I love rediscovering and using all those extras when I am making other layouts in the future. Quirky Kits are such great value for money.


1 comment:

Louise H said...

Love the layering and detail on your layouts. I have stopped saving paper for best/ special as I go off it before I use it! The painted background is fab and I do like the mix of colours in the last LO too.