Wednesday, January 06, 2016

Layout time

 I managed a few layouts before life got really mad at the end of last year and I have also been using the lovely new Quirky Kit - Firework.  So here is a quick round up
 This one actually features the last lot of Quirky Kits (now sold out). Trying to use up every last little bit of paper. As the layout was about watching someone weaving I did a bit of paper weaving. It was quite fiddly as I didn't necessarily have long pieces of all the papers left and there are some quite complicated shenanigans going on behind that photo mat!
Also the rub ons did not like the texture of the cardstock and so some went on to an acetate background
This layout is about another part of that same day at the woollen mill. I basically went through some of my old collections and pulled out things I thought would tone together. I thought the green grid one was a pretty good match for Phil's shawl.

A lot of the sticker elements are Maggie Holmes and the rub ons are American Crafts Dear Lizzy but I haven't kept track of the papers
Also added a few dabs of gold stickles

And now for something a little more graphic. Again, I was using stuff up. The triangles are from Pink Fresh papers and I think some of the others are Dear Lizzy but mostly just bits and bobs from stash piles. Ah and more of the fab spot acetate that I ended up with two of but have hardly any left now.
I spent a happy hour outlining all the paper patterns with black pen to give them a bit more pop.

And I was so pleased to find that little puffy bird sticker - again Dear Lizzy
but nothing on the page is as cute and lovely as those little birds were in real life.

Almost all of these bits and bobs come from the Bella Blvd illustrated faith whatever is lovely collection. It is full of faith filled words and phrases but I managed to use it for something less sacred!
 I do love the bright colours and patterns and I plan to do some more faith scrapping at some point too.
The big letters are from a previous QK kit and the "lean" is hand cut

Here are two more layouts with just the main photo - you will need to go to the Quirky Kits blog for more details!


No comments: