Friday, February 26, 2016

Yes it is actually Friday


And Friday is the day when I plan to post but usually don't manage it.
However that means that there is very little to show as this has been a mostly work and not play week - apart from the great crochet project with a Mother's Day deadline. The Jury is still out on that one being completed on time...

What I can share is my Daring Card this week
our theme is Simply Irresistable and I couldn't resist (hah!) using it as an excuse to try out a technique I saw on Jennifer McGuire's blog.
Now obviously her card turned out waaaaaaaaaay better than mine but as a first go I am quite pleased

You heat emboss a stamp with white powder, then cover the whole card base with dark distress ink (this is the awesome Blueprint sketch). Then you lift colour with a water brush and paint on some other watered down colours when that is dry. I think the cardstock I used was slightly too absorbant so will try this with other cardstock as I love the graphic colours.
I also added some wink of stella shimmer which I don't think you can see even on a close up. Although you can see my imperfect painting!

I trimmed down the image to a size I like and added a white card mat. Then I found a strip of patterned paper that complemented the stamping as the card was a little too bare without a something else.
I used a Clearly Besotted sentiment which was stamped and embossed on one of the offcuts of the first card. The image was raised with foam pads.

I made it while listening to "the Last Anniversary" by Liane Moriarty on my ipod. Oh what a delightful listen. It is probably a good read too, but having it read with an Aussie accent helps with the context I think. I've just finished it and highly recommend it (a few swear words but no graphic sex scenes. I hate the latter in an audio book....)

Right off to have lunch. I know that part of it will feature these
I had a Lent  Bible Study last night and the theme is "Feasting in a time of Fasting". As each study is linked to a food story I thought we ought to have matching nibbles. I did, of course decide this at the last minute and headed to my local shop wondering if there would be anything remotely fish shaped and tasty as the story was the miracle of the loaves and fish
Ta dah!
They even look like little loaves rather than chips to me.
And it turns out they are incredibly delicious.
There are not 12 baskets left over but there are two packets and one is calling my name.
I also saw this on Facebook this morning which might have helped our discussions yesterday :)


1 comment:

Svenja said...

I loooove those colours! Your card has turned out awesome. Thanks also for explaining the technique and linking the video.