Monday, March 07, 2016

All change

Yesterday I had the difficult task of giving notice. Being a Minister, you don't do it by letter or a quick chat to your boss (although I suppose prayer is involved...) but by telling a whole congregation all at once. And in fact, as I have two congregations a letter was involved so ignore most of the above!

Anyway, what I told them was that I am moving to a new post, as Minister of Cranbrook. A town on the edge of Exeter which hasn't been finished yet to be Minister of Cranbrook, a church with no building. So, a very different and challenging job with lots of exciting, creative possibilities.  Leaving is hard though and I have not been in Torbay that long so it was really quite a shock. I won't be replaced immediately, which has its pros and cons but does mean people will have to take on some of my responsibilities and that is tough too. But as my Moderator (bit like a bishop) who is a wise and lovely person has said, if God has called me to Cranbrook, then God will look after my churches too.

In crafty news... I finished my crochet blanket JUST in time to send to my mammy.

It is the Spice of Life CAL pattern for those who understand such things. I am disappointed with my edging. I have the same pick up issues that I do with knitting - where I end up with holes. I just hope mum thinks it is part of the design!

It went with this card
 which was also handily, my Daring Cardmakers submission this week. As it is the beginning of March, our challenge was an Elemental Inspiration one.
Here is the picture we had as a jump off point
 Hurray, I thought, I can use my new Clearly Besotted tulips set! So I did. I was also inspired by the yellow painty splodge, the ric rac, the colours and the woodgrain. What woodgrain I hear you ask? Why the enamel dot above the "i". It has a subtle, but honestly there, woodgrain!

The paper is really, really old Websters Papers - but that is not as old as the Doodlebug paper frill ricrac which I have had forever!
Life is going to get even more complex in the next few weeks but hopefully I will still find a little time to craft and possibly even blog



 
 

2 comments:

Miri said...

Woodgrain ;-)?! It's a lovely card and the tulips are just perfect. It's exciting to hear about the huge changes in your (work) life. I hope it will all go well for everybody/every church involved.

Dr Sonia S V said...

WOW the flowers do look so gorgeous and love the vase idea
I am having a celebration on my blog...please do drop in when you can.Here is the link : 5 Million Page-views Celebration