Friday, May 20, 2016

See you on the other side?

I'm not sure when I will post again. Although we are having packers come, I will need to at least tidy away my craft stuff (sob) and life is going to be mad for the next 10 days. Then it will all be a bit weird whilst I sort out the new job/house and i might have loads of time to craft - or none at all. The usual answer to questions about the new post is "I don't know" and that is both exhilarating and totally scary.

So here is a little catch up with what I have done
Last week's Dare was about Luck as it was Friday 13th
I dragged out some old Cosmo Cricket papers and die cuts. I kind of see it as a good luck in your new home sort of card. I layered up papers and even got out an embossing folder...
That hedgehog is so cute.

This week I went all rainbow.  This time last year we had a dare where we were monochromatic rainbow colours but I wanted all of the colours together this year - or at least some in rainbow order. the blog looks delightfully cheery.
My first card
I found some Paperchase postcards when I was tidying up that were perfect so I cut them into strips (there was a purple one too but it didn't make the cut) I die cut balloons three times out of card and layered some glitter sticky film over the top layer of the balloons.
I decided some enamel accents would be a good extra to break up the white but I forget that although the white is lovely, the delivery (at least in my hands) can be erratic - which explains the gems!


I wasn't going to make a second card but while my box of stickles and pearls was open I was inspired to try and make a glittery rainbow. So I picked out rainbow colours and smeared them on some card with my fingers. 
It took a long time to dry - almost 24 hours but it is so pretty.
 I wanted to keep the rest of the card light so die cut some Clearly Besotted leaves from vellum and a sentiment from white cardstock (think that is CB as well).

IN other crafting news I did join in with the Quirky Kits craft challenges for Scrapbooking Day. I haven't written them up on the blog yet. All of the pages use the current kit with a few oldie kit bits added in






 

No comments: